Oddest places you've seen records for sale.

On 7/21/2017 at 3:58 PM, unknown pleasures said:

I believe you're looking for the Oddest Places You've Seen Turntables for Sale discussion.Ā 

Ā 

:D

I think it is odd that there is a CROSLEY turntable on there for $500!Ā 

Ā 

https://m.staples.ca/en/Crosley-C10AMA-Hardwood-Turntable-with-Low-Vibration-Synchronous-Motor-Mahogany/product_2703958_2-CA_1_20001?langId=1

On 7/5/2017 at 2:07 PM, Tommy said:

Came here to say this too. Saw some rad Lady Antebellum and Shania Twain records at the Daytona Cracker BarrelĀ this weekend while I was down for the Coke 400.

I went to the Cracker Barrel in Sanford today and they had a shit ton of the Lady Antebellum albums. I hope they're at least syrupĀ scented.Ā 

2 hours ago, swagallama said:

I signed up for this site just so I could comment on here. I follow someone on Instagram who said that their local Target is selling vinyl in-store now. I didn't believe so I went to the Super Target a city over from me and they actually were. It's a small selection, but it's there.

There were some releases on vinyl in stock at Targets in Southern California briefly recently. They got moved to the clearance aisles a few years ago and I haven't seen any since then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In a tiny town in Kimmswick, MO...the whole town is basically an antique mall, there's a little store that just sells records.

Ā 

I walked in there thinking, this is gonna be thrift shop trash, but I gotta look...I ended up with Johnny Cash, Cream, Elton John, Don McClane, and The Mamas and the Papas...only spent $30...all were in immaculate shape too.

Ā 

I guess it was a record store, but it was still strange to me damn it.

Edited by Battra
Forgot JC!

• 3 weeks later...

OK...I got a new one...

Ā 

At a Fireworks Store.

Ā 

There's this place in Pacific MO...Molly Brown's Fireworks and Records...now anyway.

Ā 

I went there on Sunday after a hockey game...it was like KSHE Classics threw up in there....All the Dan Fogleberg, Kansas, and Edgar Winter you can shake 8 sticks at.

Ā 

After I left, the owner came out and told me he had two more boxes I could look through...nah...I was good.

Ā 

I didn't buy anything after having my wife's sanction to buy...

The Walmart my girlfriend works at in Bedford, Indiana (butthole of the Midwest) started stocking records and it cracks me the fuck up. $22.97 apiece regardless of title, number ofĀ LPs, etc. We saw an employee stocking some the other day and I couldnā€™t help but laugh.Ā 

• 3 years later...
22 minutes ago, MyckelJay said:

Huh. I guess it's not "odd" to see vinyl at Target and Walmart now. This thread didn't age too well.Ā šŸ˜‚

Times changeā€¦

Ā 

Iā€™m sure if you go far enough back, thereā€™s people who remember when Walmart originallyĀ stoppedĀ selling records and it was strangeĀ they didnā€™t.