PO NOW: Circa Survive - The Amulet

2 hours ago, texan4life said:

https://substreammagazine.com/2017/08/circa-survive-amulet-interview/

"We will do more touring in 2018, maybe with some stuff around Blue Sky Noise…who knows?”

that sucks, I don't want to hear their new album within a bsn set, easy pass. worst period for circa by far. 

On 9/3/2017 at 10:51 AM, highfives said:

I figured once the new label got the rights to it, we'd end up seeing a repress.  Let's hope it happens.

its happening. I talked to the merch guy after the show and he told me the whole story of getting the rights. he said Atlantic (Warner) sold them to a company in Europe, thats why it took so long to get the rights back. The are going to tour for it and have a repress available next year. 

42 minutes ago, famousdrumer said:

its happening. I talked to the merch guy after the show and he told me the whole story of getting the rights. he said Atlantic (Warner) sold them to a company in Europe, thats why it took so long to get the rights back. The are going to tour for it and have a repress available next year. 

Awwwww shiiit!

11 hours ago, famousdrumer said:

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by highfives

listened to it once. first take - front to back, its probably a better album than descensus (though im not sure i like any one song better than "schema"). "premonition of the hex" reminds me of glassjaw "coloring book" era.  overall, it seems to be a little more of a mellow / relaxed record.

for those that dont care about the variant, amazon has the standard version on prime for $15. 

Edited by mattisr1984

Will Yip fucked the mixing/mastering on this record really bad. I can't hear anything Anthony is saying. Everything else is too fucking loud.

After first listen: Better than Descensus (I still can't listen to that album start to finish and not get bored). Flesh and Bones, Premonition of the Hex, Tunnel Vision, Lustration, and The Amulet are the stand out tracks. However, everything is really similar and the album as a whole is monotone. For that I'll have to put it behind Violent Waves.

Juturna > OLG > BSN > VW > The Amulet > Descensus

Edited by Daiei

2 hours ago, Daiei said:

However, everything is really similar and the album as a whole is monotone. For that I'll have to put it behind Violent Waves.

You said it better than I did. This is my exact feeling. I can hardly tell the difference between most songs. 

I know Anthony sees Yip as a good friend but holy smokes he needs to use different producers again. It's been way too long.

Edited by backpackoat

3 hours ago, backpackoat said:

I know Anthony sees Yip as a good friend but holy smokes he needs to use different producers again. It's been way too long.

Truth, and while we can't blame Yip for Circa writing music that all sounds the same, maybe another producer would point it out and steer them differently.

13 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

Indie exclusive split with splatter. Not sure the pressing numbers but I'm very tempted to buy a third variant. 

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=244628

I wonder how limited it is?  It's the best looking variant yet, and it's not through MerchNow.  Kind of a no brainer.