PO: Travis "The Man Who" Numbered Limited Edition Collector's Boxset

16 hours ago, allenh said:

Mine arrived today and I'm listening to it now. Very pleased, nice package and a nice pressing.

Ditto - it's a stunning package (the other half even said it looked very nice) and sounds great!

The signed picture is of nice quality. Whoever got a numbered one let us know the difference.

Just got my copy. As much as I wished this contained every b-side on vinyl or another disc of demos or a live album, this is a really great set. It's pressed well. Mastering is great. It's sounds fantastic. The book is a nice trip back 18 years. Reminds me of when I had a subscription to the NME and Q. Great album. Still holds up. 

On 9/15/2017 at 6:57 PM, timsimmons said:

Also this has Blue Flshing Light. So it's already better than the OP

Does it have the long gap between Slide Show and BFL or does it go right to it?

I was listening to this album on Spotify the other week, sulking that I didn't order this box set and it had a long gap between the two.  I can't believe in a digital era I still had to wait through 2 minute of silence to hear a bonus track :P.

• 1 year later...

This album was reissued as a single LP last year for their tour and it's my understanding Merchbar is selling the remaining stock, exclusively.... I missed out on the first round last year (sold out within a couple days, I believe) and received an email notification of them receiving a limited quantity (as of yesterday afternoon the 24th).

$33 + $10.50 shipping to the U.S. + $2.89 tax (Calif residents) for those interested...

https://www.merchbar.com/rock-alternative/travis/travis-the-man-who-vinyl-lp-store-exclusive-lp

Also available via Travis' U.K. webstore for £25.00 (I believe this and Merchbar are linked):

https://travis.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=38639

Already received shipping notification this morning.

Edited by atarirec
Update.

9 minutes ago, atarirec said:

This album was reissued as a single LP last year for their tour and it's my understanding Merchbar is selling the remaining stock, exclusively.... I missed out on the first round last year (sold out within a couple days, I believe) and received an email notification of them receiving a limited quantity (as of yesterday afternoon the 24th).

$33 + $10.50 shipping to the U.S. + $2.89 tax (Calif residents) for those interested...

https://www.merchbar.com/rock-alternative/travis/travis-the-man-who-vinyl-lp-store-exclusive-lp

Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ryantark said:

Arrived in Cali today.  Heavy vinyl. Only suffered a partial inner seam split. Sounds nice.  Surface noise is good, some small pops.   A bit mid-dy for my ears.  Highs are great. 

Just curious, who delivered it?  I've been keeping an eye on my Informed Delivery to see if anything shows up there but nothing yet.  

7 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Just curious, who delivered it?  I've been keeping an eye on my Informed Delivery to see if anything shows up there but nothing yet.  

Not sure. It was waiting for me. I believe USPS. With international packages, I never see them on the tracker, due to non-US labels. 

17 hours ago, ryantark said:

Not sure. It was waiting for me. I believe USPS. With international packages, I never see them on the tracker, due to non-US labels. 

That's right... no tracking number so it would not show on Informed Delivery.  I'll just be surprised one of these days when I get home from work then.

22 minutes ago, colbourne25 said:

Must have been taken down not long after I posted... I snagged one. I originally saw it here https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylReleases/comments/aphcbc/travis_the_man_who_lp_store_exclusive/

Probably only had a real limited amount.  Was it the box set or the single LP version?