PO: Sleeping With Sirens - Gossip

1 hour ago, hyperg1ant said:

People actually care about this band?

With nearly 1 million monthly listeners and their song (being dropped less than a day ago) already being chosen to represent Team USA in the upcoming Olympics, yeah, people actually care about this band. Welcome to Vinyl Collective, where everyone wants to start something in order to feel validation. If you're not interested, why click on the post? This is here to inform anyone who may be interested and was previously unaware; not to shit on other people's taste in music. 

4 minutes ago, underwaterzoo said:

I like a few of their songs, but do not dig this new one at all.

It's definitely different. A little poppy for my liking, but I'll stick around and see how the other singles will sound.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Now that is actually pretty fucking embarrassing.

If you say so? I'd be stoked if I was in a band with a good following. But everyone here hates success, I guess. Damn sellouts. 

Yeah, I mean, that's good for the band I guess.  Great, even.  But I dont think "success" has any real place in this scenario; it's quite possible to write bad, shallow music and still get it on the radio.  Would you agree or disagree?  Just imagine a world where the general population didn't have shit tastes.

I used to be part of the "let people listen to whatever they want and don't pop into threads just to shit on people's musical taste", but this is really shitty music and I thought only 15 year olds dug this stuff.  What makes this even worse is that people have to actively seek it out. It's not like it's a pop star being shoved in your face 24/7.   

1 hour ago, parkinglot said:

I used to be part of the "let people listen to whatever they want and don't pop into threads just to shit on people's musical taste", but this is really shitty music and I thought only 15 year olds dug this stuff.  What makes this even worse is that people have to actively seek it out. It's not like it's a pop star being shoved in your face 24/7.   

Exactly

10 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, I mean, that's good for the band I guess.  Great, even.  But I dont think "success" has any real place in this scenario; it's quite possible to write bad, shallow music and still get it on the radio.  Would you agree or disagree?  Just imagine a world where the general population didn't have shit tastes.

You're not wrong. But I wouldn't say they write "shallow" music. Most of their songs convey some sort of meaning. I'm not a huge fan of this new sound, but I'd still rather hear this play on the radio than that poppy bullshit that gets played in retail stores and restaurants. 

10 hours ago, parkinglot said:

What makes this even worse is that people have to actively seek it out. It's not like it's a pop star being shoved in your face 24/7.   

I guess it just depends what scene of music you involve yourself in. For example, nobody shoves pop-stars in my face because I don't surround myself with that kind of music and I don't follow any outlets that cover them in the news. I heard about this because I follow Warner Music Group on Twitter. I didn't look for it, yet I saw it. 

1 hour ago, MyckelJay said:

I'd still rather hear this play on the radio than that poppy bullshit that gets played in retail stores and restaurants. 

yes because the general public would love to hear this crap over something decently pleasant.   No one cares what you think should be played except the Warner music group....annoy their boards

Just now, Derek™ said:

I recognize your avatar from a few other threads and you seem like fairly chill guy / good sport.  We just gotta' get you out of that Hot Topic-core.

I don't think I'll ever grow out of my pop-punk/ metal core/ post-hardcore phase :lol: The reason I back these guys harder than others is just because they're local. It's cool seeing locals making it. A Day To Remember, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Mayday Parade, Shinedown, etc. It's just cool.