Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See (Translucent Purple)

• 1 month later...

https://us.udiscovermusic.com/products/so-tonight-that-i-might-see-limited-edition-color-vinyl-lp

Link states that the purple vinyl is exclusive to uDiscover (I assume this means they are the exclusive US retailer). This is a great album, but I cannot justify paying $30 for a colored pressing when I have the standard press preordered for less than half the price ($14.75 taxed & shipped to CA through Target w/ RedCard). I do not recall Bullmoose ever stating that they would have purple copies and their product page isn't claiming it now.

Edited by aphasias

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:58 PM, aphasias said:

https://us.udiscovermusic.com/products/so-tonight-that-i-might-see-limited-edition-color-vinyl-lp

Link states that the purple vinyl is exclusive to uDiscover (I assume this means they are the exclusive US retailer). This is a great album, but I cannot justify paying $30 for a colored pressing when I have the standard press preordered for less than half the price ($14.75 taxed & shipped to CA through Target w/ RedCard). I do not recall Bullmoose ever stating that they would have purple copies and their product page isn't claiming it now.

That's a significant price difference, now I have a tough decision to make.... :( I love that purple, but I have giftcards for Target and Amazon that need used...

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Same pressing as the previous one, just different color.  The previous one was actually clear with dark purple / black smoke through it. I didn't think it looked very good so I passed. 

I picked this pressing up at Sunrise (overpriced record shop) in Canada as it's exclusive to them. Sound considerably better than the Plain Pressing I previously had. 

13 hours ago, GazHilarant said:

Same pressing as the previous one, just different color.  The previous one was actually clear with dark purple / black smoke through it. I didn't think it looked very good so I passed. 

I picked this pressing up at Sunrise (overpriced record shop) in Canada as it's exclusive to them. Sound considerably better than the Plain Pressing I previously had. 

Sunrise is INSANELY overpriced, it's almost laughable.  But sometimes you can find some sweet deals in their discount bins.

10 minutes ago, hookedonsonics said:

Sunrise is INSANELY overpriced, it's almost laughable.  But sometimes you can find some sweet deals in their discount bins.

To be honest I have never had any luck with it, back when it was HMV I got Beck - Sea Change from MOFI on pink vinyl for 9.99, they had like 4 of them lol.