Game Of Thrones: Season Seven / Eight!

13 minutes ago, dnl said:

Dragging out that Cersei death...

Did Tormund die? There's no way he survived that but they never showed his death on screen.

no one dies unless you see them die.  thats like, the first rule of GoT.  

I think dragging Cersei out to the final season is the right move.  

Bran figuring everything out was fucking tight, too.  

Pretty sure Tormund/Beric made it out and will make it to Winterfell.  The Undead my turn straight West along the South end of the wall to attack Castle Black and finish off whatever is left of the Night's Watch.

Expecting to eventually see Cersei go berserk (probably something to do with her baby) and get Queen-Slayed as a completion of Jamie's redemption story arc.  I kind of wonder what Jamie plans on doing immediately following this episode.  It appears he just heads North by himself.  Not sure if he will attempt to commandeer the Lannister armies.

Edited by Tardcore

49 minutes ago, Tardcore said:

Expecting to eventually see Cersei go berserk (probably something to do with her baby) and get Queen-Slayed as a completion of Jamie's redemption story arc.  I kind of wonder what Jamie plans on doing immediately following this episode.  It appears he just heads North by himself.  Not sure if he will attempt to commandeer the Lannister armies.

I have to watch it again, but I thought he turned around and rode back into King's Landing. It looked like he rode right back into the path he was coming from after he saw the snow.

42 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

The Littlefinger scene was one of the most gratifying moments in the entire series. So well done.

Pretty much. Been waiting to see that since the first episode.

I'm stoked to see Cersei get hers, but I'm curious how anyone could get past the Mountain. 

50 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Pretty much. Been waiting to see that since the first episode.

I'm stoked to see Cersei get hers, but I'm curious how anyone could get past the Mountain. 

I mean, its pretty much been foreshadowed that the hound is going to kill him.

2 hours ago, Breezus said:

Except Stannis lol (and one of the Sand Snakes)

I really hope Tormund and Beric survived. Edd too (seems like everyone's forgotten about him).

Pretty sure Edd and the core of the Night's Watch are back at Castle Black.  If the dead don't head staight South, they may follow the wall West of the breach and take them out.  Their other option is to head South for Last Hearth (the Umbers' home) and then on to Winterfell (maybe one other keep inbetween)

• 1 month later...

RIP Roy Dotrice.

He read all the GOT audiobooks. It will not be the same without him. He was unwell when book 4 was released and they had someone else record the audio. It was unlistenable. Upon his recovery, he re-recorded it, substantially improving the book.

In the show Roy was originally supposed to play Pycelle, but due to his poor health the role was recast. He did end up playing the head Pyromancer around the battle for Kings Landing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Dotrice

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The only scene that "dissapointed" me is the tense moment between Sansa and Tyrion in the crypt. The show implied one, or both, of them were going to die attempting to defend the others, but instead they just snuck from one point to the other without encountering any real combat or extremely close calls. Just seems like a werid and drawn out scene that didn't lead to anything impactful.

Also I couldn't tell if Jon Snow withstood Drogon's fire (towards the end when he's pursuing Night King on foot) or if it went around him. If he's a Targaryen he should be "fireproof", right?

30 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Hide contents

The only scene that "dissapointed" me is the tense moment between Sansa and Tyrion in the crypt. The show implied one, or both, of them were going to die attempting to defend the others, but instead they just snuck from one point to the other without encountering any real combat or extremely close calls. Just seems like a werid and drawn out scene that didn't lead to anything impactful.

Also I couldn't tell if Jon Snow withstood Drogon's fire (towards the end when he's pursuing Night King on foot) or if it went around him. If he's a Targaryen he should be "fireproof", right?

I think it just went around him.  If he’s Targaryen, yes he should be fireproof.  But does that also mean he’s “white walker dragon” fireproof?

2 minutes ago, Rip said:

Hide contents

I think it just went around him.  If he’s Targaryen, yes he should be fireproof.  But does that also mean he’s “white walker dragon” fireproof?

I was wondering the same too, but I assume it's some sort of "ice" fire because Daenerys was avoiding it during the dragon dogfight scenes. If it was legit fire she would've treated it as such, but I dunno, sometimes the magic stuff in the show makes things more confusing than it needs to be, IE: Bran remote viewing a raven lol (I've read that he did that to draw the Night King to his location but maybe it was for something else they'll reveal in the next episode).