Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Han Solo

Game Of Thrones: Season Seven

Recommended Posts

also, I dont think its unreasonable to think that dragons can fly fast and get to the wall over night.  at this point, I dont really care about the condensed season and how quick things are moving.  theres no published book to compare to.  we have no idea what may be left out or changed, and I think GRM has the rest of the novels written, and will begin to publish once the series is done.  

I cannot wait for next week.  its going to be a complete clusterfuck.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

So will the dragon shoot fire or ice?

Icy fire. like tiger balm on your genitals.

 

Things are kicked into high gear. But, I am not sold on the whole Arya/Sansa conflict. It's seemed shoehorned and forced. Granted they are falling back on their old assumptions of each other, but  much of it could have been resolved with some simple conversations beforehand. You would think they would have been on to Littlefinger's scheming, unless they are setting a trap for him.

 

However, i was half expecting her to pull out Littlefinger's face from behind here back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is all speculation, so i'll put the spoilers on this

 

its all a set up started by Bran.  he handed the dagger to Arya, who just gave the dagger to Sansa.  Sansa is going to kill someone that Bran foresaw and I think it'll be Littlefinger once she catches on to his scheme in the season finale.  Littlefinger said she needed to keep Brianne around to protect her, and then she sent Brianne to see Cersei... so someone is going to be killed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

I'm trying to figure out if the leader of the Wights will fly over the wall at some point without the army of the (un?)dead or wait for them to all reach the wall first. If the wight dragon can breathe ice, does he breathe a big-ass frozen ramp up to the wall for them to use to climb it?!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was so intense. I couldn't sleep at all afterwards.

 

Not the best episode though because these last couple have been so frustrating with the storytelling and all the convenient plot twists. This post articulates my frustrations better than I can: http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/game-of-thrones-recap-beyond-the-wall-review/2/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, deadreckoning said:

Things are kicked into high gear. But, I am not sold on the whole Arya/Sansa conflict. It's seemed shoehorned and forced. Granted they are falling back on their old assumptions of each other, but  much of it could have been resolved with some simple conversations beforehand. You would think they would have been on to Littlefinger's scheming, unless they are setting a trap for him.

 

However, i was half expecting her to pull out Littlefinger's face from behind here back.

I think of all the current storylines, the Arya/Sansa conflict is the most believable. They never had a close bond and their lack of communication with each other was bound to cause a fallout eventually. The most unbelievable part is that Littlefinger is able to pull one over on Arya so easily. All that training in Braavos and she let's the guy she trusts the least outsmart her.

 

Anyone have any guesses who will die in the finale? Its been too long since a major character was killed off (Olena doesn't count). I feel like everyone's fair game (except Jon.) I'm gonna guess Cersei won't be coming back next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dnl said:

Anyone have any guesses who will die in the finale? Its been too long since a major character was killed off (Olena doesn't count). I feel like everyone's fair game (except Jon.) I'm gonna guess Cersei won't be coming back next season.

I'm still very certain Cersei and Jaime will be each other's downfall. There's been a bunch of little hints. Either she'll kill him, he'll kill her, or they'll do some sort of joint suicide thing like Cersei was going to do with Tommen. Other than that, I'm not sure who'll die. I agree, It's kind of anybody's game at this point. It all feels very Shakespearean haha

Edited by Han Solo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

I'm still very certain Cersei and Jaime will be each other's downfall. There's been a bunch of little hints. Either she'll kill him, he'll kill her, or they'll do some sort of joint suicide thing like Cersei was going to do with Tommen. Other than that, I'm not sure who'll die. I agree, It's kind of anybody's game at this point. It all feels very Shakespearean haha

Yeah, Jamie killing Cersei seems like the way its heading. Jamie has been so shaken up since she blew up the Sept. Whatever she has planned during the parlay will probably be stopped by him. Also, the prophecy said 3 children. There's no way she'll be alive long enough to give birth to a 4th. She won't bend the knee and join the fight against the White Walkers so there isn't really anywhere else to go with her in the narrative. At this point they need to get rid of her so they can set up the preparation of the final battle against the White Walkers.

 

With the death of a dragon last night, the show is moving back into the nobody is safe territory of earlier seasons. For the first time I'm beginning to think Dany will not survive the series end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

sansa is totally killing littlefinger.  

Your theory above is so good. I'm not gonna lie, I'll be sad to see Littlefinger go when/if he does. He is so good at the game, maybe even the best. The guy is a genius strategist. Imagine what if he would've been capable of if he was born into the right house.

 

EDIT:

One a somewhat related note...

Has anyone seen Logan Lucky? (Judging by its poor box office performance, probably not.) The film is fantastic but there is also an elaborate Game of Thrones joke that I'm sure some of you here would appreciate. It's so specific to the book readers. Easily my favorite joke in the film.

Edited by dnl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, deadreckoning said:

Things are kicked into high gear. But, I am not sold on the whole Arya/Sansa conflict. It's seemed shoehorned and forced. Granted they are falling back on their old assumptions of each other, but  much of it could have been resolved with some simple conversations beforehand. You would think they would have been on to Littlefinger's scheming, unless they are setting a trap for him.

 

3 hours ago, dnl said:

I think of all the current storylines, the Arya/Sansa conflict is the most believable. They never had a close bond and their lack of communication with each other was bound to cause a fallout eventually. The most unbelievable part is that Littlefinger is able to pull one over on Arya so easily. All that training in Braavos and she let's the guy she trusts the least outsmart her.

 

Anyone have any guesses who will die in the finale? Its been too long since a major character was killed off (Olena doesn't count). I feel like everyone's fair game (except Jon.) I'm gonna guess Cersei won't be coming back next season.

I agree that the conflict is certainly believable.  It was just the way it unfolded - seemed off.  Also agree that it seemed like Littlefinger pulled a fast one on Arya and Sansa, even after everything they have been through. Plus, Arya saw the Littlefinger/Tywin interaction at Harrenhal. Maybe it's an elaborate ruse to trap littlefinger, but probably not. I think some of my issue is that I like Strong Sansa -  with agency, controlling situations, giving orders and council. Maybe she'll get to Littlefinger before Arya cuts his face off. 

 

Jamie is totally going to Cersei, Queenslayer style. However, i don't think it will be next season. There is still a lot to tie up with only 7 episodes left in the entire series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×