Digital Downloads...Go or No?

I never used to care about the downloads - I've had streaming services for as long as they were offered in Canada (which is not nearly as long as elsewhere) and that was good for most of my digital music listening. But in the last year or two I have significantly upped my headphone game and now have a $2000+ setup, so digital download quality really matters to me. I went back through my collection last year and pulled out the downloads and fulfilled them all. 

I love labels that offer FLAC, Bandcamp, or WAV files. While I have downloaded illegally before, I usually try to seek out a legal download first (unfortunately some of the hi-res download sites like HDTracks won't sell in Canada). I definitely think a record is extra worth it if it comes with uncompressed files. 

I just got a Fiio X5 III, which is a hi-res digital player that can play pretty much every audio format, allows for 2 x 256 GB micro SD storage, and runs a simplified Android that allows for streaming services like Spotify, Tidal, Bandcamp, etc. Allows for regular or balanced (2.5mm) input and its DAC can be bypassed if needed. It sounds and works great and allows me to have my hi res files when I need them plus streaming when in wifi otherwise. 

I want to own a digital copy of the record regardless of streaming services or not. If I own a copy, I want to be able to choose what to do with it. Maybe I want to throw it on an iPod classic. I want to have options. 

Its just lazy when you charge 25$+ for a record and don't include a digital download as an option. 

I remember Tame Impala had a new release for over $30 with no digital download option. Streaming services aren't the end all be all.