Limited to One Record shop, NYC

1 minute ago, thepunkguy said:

thank you! and you're right.  it's been super tough so far.. (dealing with tiling and shit now..)

please stop by.  we're closed on Mondays but we're open the rest of the week.  starting at 10a on all days but Sunday.  

Haha, I'm glad you told me that! I'll probably come by the following weekend then. Really looking forward to it. 

18 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

IG just shows records...lets see the store

trust me I KNOW.

we're in the middle of painting and doing tiling.

should be done by this weekend.

then the bins.

a friend of mine does furniture building and he's doing all the bins.  they are really beautiful.

Edited by thepunkguy

Very best of luck with the opening! Looks great, sadly I won't be over from the UK any time soon as I've just returned from a trip state-side.

However, I'll hit you up if there is any must haves that I see on IG.

Let us know how the opening goes! Looks forward to hearing of success and seeing some store photos.

16 minutes ago, lastvaultboy said:

Very best of luck with the opening! Looks great, sadly I won't be over from the UK any time soon as I've just returned from a trip state-side.

However, I'll hit you up if there is any must haves that I see on IG.

Let us know how the opening goes! Looks forward to hearing of success and seeing some store photos.

11 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

best of luck - this is a really cool idea for a record shop - will definitely visit next time i find myself in NYC

thank you.

this means a lot.  

I really hope people dig  it and see what I was going for.

we did some really cool things with labeling and little things..

hope you guys like it.

Good luck man. As others have said owning a business is a bitch, but at least you don't have walk in refrigerators/freezers running 365, over 90k in equipment repairs a year and a staff of 40.  I long for the days of having something simple with 4 walls, a pos system, hvac and some speakers.  Lucky bastard! :)

I dobt live in NYC anyway, but I'll check you out and watch your success from afar.  Congratulations on taking the risk, it'll all be worthwhile in the end!!

2 minutes ago, Bu$hleaguer said:

Good luck man. As others have said owning a business is a bitch, but at least you don't have walk in refrigerators/freezers running 365, over 90k in equipment repairs a year and a staff of 40.  I long for the days of having something simple with 4 walls, a pos system, hvac and some speakers.  Lucky bastard! :)

I dobt live in NYC anyway, but I'll check you out and watch your success from afar.  Congratulations on taking the risk, it'll all be worthwhile in the end!!

THANK YOU.

and haha.  I can't even imagine putting a restaurant together.

I am just getting crushed on trying to find a roll down security gate for less than 2k.  I can't imagine 

putting that together.

next time you visit, make sure you come thru and say hey!!

7 hours ago, thepunkguy said:

we are pricing everything in the store at the lowest possible discogs pricing

and anyone who knows me, knows that this isn't about making an extra ten bucks

or something, off of some new hard to find LP.

I don't see how you can possibly travel to the EU and Asia to buy expensive records and then sell them at a lower price than anyone else is selling them for and make enough to pay your overhead (not to mention where you're paying that overhead).

But if things are going to be so reasonably priced what are you selling those limited to one little elephant sessions for?

Edit: Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but I don't see how at reasonable prices you'll be able to pay your overhead and keep stock after a few months. Like you mentioned earlier, labels have sent you some cool OOP stuff because they think its a cool idea. Do you think they're going to continue doing that? I'm moving that way in a few weeks. I'll definitely be in to check it out.

Edited by shenanigans

2 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Congrats on this. I really want to get that AM! cassette. I'm sure I'll be in at some point the next time I'm in NYC. Be nice to see you again.

totally dude@

would love to hang again.

I know a few people pining for the AM cassette so it might not be here when you come but i'm sure we'll

have a few other things you care about.

Just now, shenanigans said:

I don't see how you can possibly travel to the EU and Asia to buy expensive records and then sell them at a lower price than anyone else is selling them for and make enough to pay your overhead (not to mention where you're paying that overhead).

But if things are going to be so reasonably priced what are you selling those limited to one little elephant sessions for?

a.  we bought a lot of them for less then what they go for on discogs.  and the ones that weren't we only bought the ones we could sell at similar cost.  when I started looking to build the shop, I wanted great rare items in there.  and to be honest, there are a few items that I am selling for what I paid for them.  (not a lot cause that would make a terrible business model)..  but a few.

b.  we'll be selling the LE lathes for between 25 and 28 bucks. (we haven't priced them yet and I need to look them over, we haven't gotten them yet).  I think this is a pretty fair price since the normal non limited ones cost 18 to ship.   

c. I honestly just wanted to make a shop that was catered towards the new collector.  younger music and cool hard to find lps.