Limited to One Record shop, NYC

1 minute ago, thepunkguy said:

a.  we bought a lot of them for less then what they go for on discogs.  and the ones that weren't we only bought the ones we could sell at similar cost.  when I started looking to build the shop, I wanted great rare items in there.  and to be honest, there are a few items that I am selling for what I paid for them.  (not a lot cause that would make a terrible business model)..  but a few.

b.  we'll be selling the LE lathes for between 25 and 28 bucks. (we haven't priced them yet and I need to look them over, we haven't gotten them yet).  I think this is a pretty fair price since the normal non limited ones cost 18 to ship.   

c. I honestly just wanted to make a shop that was catered towards the new collector.  younger music and cool hard to find lps.  

I like your answers. And with reasonable prices I think it's a cool idea. Those LE prices seem reasonable. Like I said, I'll be in shortly after I move and I'll re-evaluate then.

Just now, shenanigans said:

I like your answers. And with reasonable prices I think it's a cool idea. Those LE prices seem reasonable. Like I said, I'll be in shortly after I move and I'll re-evaluate then.

yeah when you come in, make sure you say hey.

and while we're at it..

ill say this to everyone..

come into the shop.  if you don't like it or there's an issue.  just talk to me about it.

if you think a price is unreasonable or if you think I am taking advantage of an artist, label or customer; talk to me about it.

i'd gladly have a discussion about it.

Limited to One is for the people!!! (and the hobby!)

When this store was first announced and I saw the URL (which I obviously didn't click), I thought the name of this store, seeing as they sell rare records, was gonna be "Limited Toone" and was like, 'They need a better name.' 

OK, I still feel that way, but I hope this store does well for itself without having to go down the "hot stampers" route. Cheers, dude.

35 minutes ago, 1000000eyes said:

When this store was first announced and I saw the URL (which I obviously didn't click), I thought the name of this store, seeing as they sell rare records, was gonna be "Limited Toone" and was like, 'They need a better name.' 

OK, I still feel that way, but I hope this store does well for itself without having to go down the "hot stampers" route. Cheers, dude.

yes.  Limited Toone is a pretty terrible name.  

it seems like mostly only nerds like / appreciate the name now.

I don't think we'd ever do that hot stampers thing...

8 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

ha.

we have ..

an original VItalogy.

Pearl Jam Live on Two Legs

and Ukukele Songs

and I think a copy of Yield.

Ok, already have em all.  let me know when you have the blue Columbia VS, and orange or blue fixer 7" or a sealed benny hall please :)

Edited by Bu$hleaguer

4 minutes ago, nico said:

Curious about what Dischord stuff is in store. I noticed that Fugazi test/promo and I would die if I would find that Egg Hunt test press with United labels there.

hey!  .

I think I have one in my personal collection.  (well I know I have an egg hunt test, just have to check the label)...

I am waiting on a box from a friend that might have some rare dischord stuff in ..

including a One Last Wish test..  and a few other things.

if you reach out on like Monday Ill let you know if it pops up.

k

Just now, MyckelJay said:

I hope so! I don't visit there often, but I'm always looking for reasons to come back :lol:

well now you have at least one!!

we're trying to do a few more collaborations with labels too, so maybe next time you visit, 

well have some more store exclusives..

Only the other day my wife was asking me what else do you want to do when we are in New York? And as luck would have it I saw your post yesterday, so I've just got to say she's really really pleased you are opening on the only weekend we are going to be in New York in the only 2 weeks we are going to be in the US this year, if I'm limping at all or maybe wincing from where the bruises don't show when I come in on opening day you'll know why.

14 hours ago, allenh said:

Only the other day my wife was asking me what else do you want to do when we are in New York? And as luck would have it I saw your post yesterday, so I've just got to say she's really really pleased you are opening on the only weekend we are going to be in New York in the only 2 weeks we are going to be in the US this year, if I'm limping at all or maybe wincing from where the bruises don't show when I come in on opening day you'll know why.

Eh, lose the wife and keep the records. You'll be happier in the long run....:lol: