Limited to One Record shop, NYC

great to have a store that positions itself uniquely.

will be great if there's a place where we can submit our white whales and pray that you will someday find them:)

anyway, best of luck, already followed on IG and will definitely try to stop by during the first week. hopefully i'll be picking up a few records from you down the line.

and f the haters.

12 hours ago, noeling said:

great to have a store that positions itself uniquely.

will be great if there's a place where we can submit our white whales and pray that you will someday find them:)

anyway, best of luck, already followed on IG and will definitely try to stop by during the first week. hopefully i'll be picking up a few records from you down the line.

and f the haters.

thank you!

make sure you say hey when you stop by.

and let me know what you're looking for!  would love to help people land some big records.

On 19.7.2017 at 4:40 AM, thepunkguy said:

for all of those you who haven't seen anything about this yet..

LIMITED TO ONE RECORD SHOP opens it's doors, July 29th 10am

The east village's newest record shop will open it's doors on Saturday July 29th at 10am
221 East 10th Street (between 1st ave and 2nd ave)

Limited to One will focus on rare, limited and out of press contemporary music.

during the day, we'll have some performances - 

12pm - Adam Rubenstein (Split Lip, Chamberlain)
1pm - Jeff Caudill (Gameface) 

We'll be selling a limited edition lathe from Jeff.  limited to 25 copies.

We'll also be having raffles all day, which will include rare 45's and LP's.

Also for sale, we'll have "Limited to One" lathes (from Little Elephant)
from such artists as Pinegrove, 
The World is a Beautiful Place, Tim Kasher, Smith Street Band, Jeff Rosenstock, 
Modern Baseball, Foxing, Sorority Noise and a ton more.  We'll only have 1 copy
of each of these and once they're gone, that's it.

we'll have a few more things for sale, plus a store filled with new inventory.
check out our instagram for some of the items we'll be selling.

I also feel like it should be said, that we did our best to price reasonably.

If you're in NYC< please come and check us out.

thanks.  kristian /tpg

Good luck to you guys here from Germany!! Man, this is a dream for all of us but only a few really do that type of shit - opening an actual store! Really like your idea of selling contemporary stuff. Will stop by when I am in NYC anytime in the future! cheers, Chris

4 hours ago, freverend said:

Good luck to you guys here from Germany!! Man, this is a dream for all of us but only a few really do that type of shit - opening an actual store! Really like your idea of selling contemporary stuff. Will stop by when I am in NYC anytime in the future! cheers, Chris

You're always welcome to come and hang out Chris!!  

2 hours ago, openupyourskull said:

I'll be in NYC in a few weeks and definitely will check this out. Best of luck!

THANK YOU.  make sure you say hi!!.

kristian

11 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

Congrats on the open. I'm going to try to convince by friend to stop off on our way back from the Yankee game today. Otherwise I'll try and stop in soon. Good luck!

hope you got the chance to stop by.

5 hours ago, scottheisel said:

Haven't been to NYC in a hot minute. Definitely gotta change that. Congrats on your grand opening, Kristian, and I hope to stop by one day and see some of my old records in the bins. :)

ha.  definitely.  would love to finally meet.  if you want to sell some more let me know.

5 hours ago, axotyl said:

just stopped by the store...great space, good opening selection w/ some rare records, and definitely reasonable prices. first time meeting kristian but hes a great guy. looking forward to going back.

thanks/  great to meet you.  ill let u know when that collection I was talking about comes in.

Good luck on the store.  Opening a physical store these days must be hell and a huge risk.  I would definitely go visit next time I'm in NYC.  I appreciate that I can find rare items, instead of going to a store sifting through 99% of re-issues or new albums.  I order mostly all new items online for the variants, and appreciate that a store actually carries limited vinyl as their focus.  I don't mind paying prices as determined from Discogs.  I get email notices all the time from Discogs for my wantlists, and buy them from time to time.

My only question is, would that mean you would be trying to mass buy a bunch of limited vinyl, let's say for the new Converge?  And then sell it back for higher...because that's the new demanded selling price?  If so, that would be the only part that irks me.

2 minutes ago, chicomak said:

Good luck on the store.  Opening a physical store these days must be hell and a huge risk.  I would definitely go visit next time I'm in NYC.  I appreciate that I can find rare items, instead of going to a store sifting through 99% of re-issues or new albums.  I order mostly all new items online for the variants, and appreciate that a store actually carries limited vinyl as their focus.  I don't mind paying prices as determined from Discogs.  I get email notices all the time from Discogs for my wantlists, and buy them from time to time.

My only question is, would that mean you would be trying to mass buy a bunch of limited vinyl, let's say for the new Converge?  And then sell it back for higher...because that's the new demanded selling price?  If so, that would be the only part that irks me.

any "new" limited release we have we'll keep as long as we can.

like any new "Newbury" we buy I am going to keep under Discog's lowest asking price unless it's been out for a while.

we want to have those items in our shop and we're not really interested in "flipping".

but we'd love to be the shop that people say..  oh that ___ sold out.  maybe Limited to One might have some for a 

reasonable price.

• 7 months later...

Kristian opened up the store for me today and it is totally awesome. If you find yourself in NYC and you don't visit the shop then you are seriously missing out!

It's small with good vibes and insanely awesome curated selection. If you are a serious collector it will be hard to not walk away with something.