Uncle Acid and The Deadbeats - Vol. 1

6 hours ago, icecream said:

Maybe that's a bonus 7" ? With unreleased songs ?!

3 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

It definitely looks like a plain white sleeved 7".......on top of a black sleeve (presumably) housing a 12".

But then on top it says disc 1/1??? Hmm.

Edit: this was post 666, happy it was in an Uncle Acid thread

Edited by Reshiram454
666 POST

1 hour ago, armadillo01 said:

It's obviously an LP + 7" package. Not sure where the confusion is coming from.

Its because the official label tag from the pressing plant indicates that the 12" that is on attached to is a press that is disc 1 out a total 1 disc(s). So I proposed that the 7" may be a completely different release altogether. It was really a rather astute observation by Reshiram454. It completely got by me.

4 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

The only reason I'm skeptical is because of the amount of 7" this band releases. I do believe a new album is on the horizon but I wouldn't be shocked if we got another 7" before that happened.

Yeah, I think this is the likeliest situation. Also, it could simply be a separate 7" single that will be sold separately from the Vol. 1 LP but is actually a single for a song that is on Vol. 1 (with potentially a B-side from the Vol.1 sessions?) as Uncle Acid full length releases always have preceding 7" singles and maybe they're just trying to keep that consistency with the official release of this album even though its from the past and has already existed in digital form and CD limited to like 2 copies or whatever it is and had songs from it played live for years. 

• 2 weeks later...

The first 2 variants of this release have been announced (cherry red and white vinyl) with no word on pressing numbers. This is the first press euro/U.K. Version from Rise Above and doesn't have a bonus 7" (maybe a die hard release will?).  Release date is 10/13. I put up a preorder in my shop for both colors for anybody interested. Link is in my sig. 

• 1 month later...

The Uncle Acid collector in me is saying, "Wait for Rise Above to put Die Hard variants up" but the new homeowner and guy who remembers just how lame the Die Hard for Night Creeper was is OK spending $25 on a less-rare variant from Bull Moose. I know it's going to be a tough pill to swallow when the Die Hards do go up, but I have to pretend to be a grown up and do the right thing financially... right?

• 4 weeks later...