Tyler, The Creator - Flower Boy

7 hours ago, Canuckle said:

Not a huge fan of timed releases like this. Curious why this business model is being employed. Is it to try and capture the obsessives and collectors into dropping cash before fulling forming an opinion on if they need this in their collection? Is it to limit overstock? or is it just to reward those who are on the ball?

Really don't get this angle versus the XXXX number of variants in the wild, or basing the initial run on the first few days of sales and just throwing up a 'Sold Out' when the extra copies sell out.

That said, on my first run through, will do a couple more before making a decision but the timed piece is skewing my opinion and I'm not a fan...

Tyler said on twitter that the vinyl release is made to order. So, I think that's why. He also said he was interested in doing a small run of these which explains the Thursday night cutoff.

God, I really like this album but I don't know if I can justify dropping $40 on this if there'll ever be a standard release, provided it would end up being cheaper. I might just pass on this and regret it later if a wide release doesn't happen.

Also y'all just gotta shut the fuck up set your differences aside and let people buy their damn records, lol.

2 hours ago, Aych said:

God, I really like this album but I don't know if I can justify dropping $40 on this if there'll ever be a standard release, provided it would end up being cheaper. I might just pass on this and regret it later if a wide release doesn't happen.

Also y'all just gotta shut the fuck up set your differences aside and let people buy their damn records, lol.

Waiting for these timed editions to get a wide release usually results in regret haha.

Just now, ethereal said:

surprised @rogeoa8 isn't trying to flip it like every other release on VC.  it's truly sad that all these flippers come from here

That dude's worse than Halo. Setting up an actual storefront website with his entire inventory of flips... whatta douche.