Tyler, The Creator - Flower Boy

2 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

My girlfriend ordered the tape, even though I offered to split the LP with her. Oh well. This new technique for rap records is fucking bogus. 

This seems to be the absolute best way to do a release like this, it's open for anyone who wants to grab a copy for a set amount of time, you don't have to worry about it selling out right away. Once the orders are placed they order them up and send them out. 

56 minutes ago, JustSchwimmer said:

This seems to be the absolute best way to do a release like this, it's open for anyone who wants to grab a copy for a set amount of time, you don't have to worry about it selling out right away. Once the orders are placed they order them up and send them out. 

Tyler could easily go through a retail pressing of this. Goblin is always in print and never sticks around long in my local shop. 

On 7/28/2017 at 1:27 PM, JustSchwimmer said:

Yeah, except for when it's mere day's before rent is due, and pay is a week away. Maybe if it wasn't a $40 record (shipping included), I could squeeze it in, but yeah, wasn't happening. So it kind of sucks. I get the pros, but I definitely think they're outweighed by the cons.

2 hours ago, BLiNDFATES said:

Yeah, except for when it's mere day's before rent is due, and pay is a week away. Maybe if it wasn't a $40 record (shipping included), I could squeeze it in, but yeah, wasn't happening. So it kind of sucks. I get the pros, but I definitely think they're outweighed by the cons.

This. It also popped up in the middle of the week and ended before Friday, which I assume is the average American's payday. 

14 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

This. It also popped up in the middle of the week and ended before Friday, which I assume is the average American's payday. 

Definitely was the worst part.  I believe that morning (before it went up) I told myself "alright cool, I'm gonna make it until payday without having to buy anything else."  And of course it went up later that day.  Shit like that always happens to me though.

Would've made a whole lot more sense for it to be up over the weekend.  Everyone would have just gotten paid and could've gotten it if they wanted.

11 hours ago, BLiNDFATES said:

8 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

8 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

Definitely was the worst part.  I believe that morning (before it went up) I told myself "alright cool, I'm gonna make it until payday without having to buy anything else."  And of course it went up later that day.  Shit like that always happens to me though.

Would've made a whole lot more sense for it to be up over the weekend.  Everyone would have just gotten paid and could've gotten it if they wanted.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, and I'm absolutely not the best with my money but please don't take your account down to zero buying records, it's just not worth it.

these types of releases always turn the thread into a complaint hotline when it's over. I don't get it, everyone gets plenty of notice and is guaranteed it won't sell out yet people's money problems make it a shitty thing?

im really sorry you guys didn't have the money on release day but to sit here and complain about your money issues as a way to shit on the release is ridiculous. it always helps to have an emergency fund/credit card for stuff like this...

29 minutes ago, ethereal said:

these types of releases always turn the thread into a complaint hotline when it's over. I don't get it, everyone gets plenty of notice and is guaranteed it won't sell out yet people's money problems make it a shitty thing?

im really sorry you guys didn't have the money on release day but to sit here and complain about your money issues as a way to shit on the release is ridiculous. it always helps to have an emergency fund/credit card for stuff like this...

Stuff like this is precisely why my credit card company probably thinks I'm nuts. 

I'm not complaining about anything other than the time-frame it was put up.  Like I said, I did buy it, so it's all good over here.

Also, there's a difference between not wanting to spend money because you had already spent plenty that week and not wanting to spend money because you'll be dead broke after.

This was an easy decision for me... I missed Blonde by one day.  

Cherry Bomb was released as a legit Sony release for hhv.de, but only once and only 300 copies.  I missed that one too, I was trying to save on shipping from Europe... dumb. https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/tyler-the-creator-cherry-bomb-sunshine-yellow-vinyl-edition-465831  I'm quite curious if this release has a noticeably different master than its digital counterpart (like Wolf, Goblin etc).

Also curious if it really exists at all, I've never seen a photo of it.  Likely the back cover would look significantly different than the bootleg/unofficial.

Edited by firefoxussr

1 hour ago, firefoxussr said:

This was an easy decision for me... I missed Blonde by one day.  

Cherry Bomb was released as a legit Sony release for hhv.de, but only once and only 300 copies.  I missed that one too, I was trying to save on shipping from Europe... dumb. https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/tyler-the-creator-cherry-bomb-sunshine-yellow-vinyl-edition-465831  I'm quite curious if this release has a noticeably different master than its digital counterpart (like Wolf, Goblin etc).

Also curious if it really exists at all, I've never seen a photo of it.  Likely the back cover would look significantly different than the bootleg/unofficial.

It was a bootleg, Tyler said there's no official pressing and HHV pulled it from their site, not sure if it even exists like you said.