Tera Melos - Trash Generator (Aug 25th)

Haven't seen an announcement about it yet, but Norman Records here listed a new Tera Melos record earlier on today. Not visible on the website, but I got an email notification as I'd bought a record of theirs before. Whoops?

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/166451

166451.jpg

"If math rock is your thing, then Tera Melos is also your thing. The fifth record from US math and experimental rockers Tera Melos entitled Trash Generator is a great addition to the genre. Incorporating a number of different textures, layers and elements to their music has enabled them to carry on with the sound they helped develop, but also keep real with the time period they find themselves in. Available on Vinyl LP and CD."

Edited by Mattallurgist

2 hours ago, Mattallurgist said:

"If math rock is your thing, then Tera Melos is also your thing. The fifth record from US math and experimental rockers Tera Melos entitled Trash Generator is a great addition to the genre. Incorporating a number of different textures, layers and elements to their music has enabled them to carry on with the sound they helped develop, but also keep real with the time period they find themselves in. Available on Vinyl LP and CD."

????????

Always glad to hear about new tera melos, but that description is completely baffling.

21 hours ago, Mattallurgist said:

Haven't seen an announcement about it yet, but Norman Records here listed a new Tera Melos record earlier on today. Not visible on the website, but I got an email notification as I'd bought a record of theirs before. Whoops?

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/166451

166451.jpg

"If math rock is your thing, then Tera Melos is also your thing. The fifth record from US math and experimental rockers Tera Melos entitled Trash Generator is a great addition to the genre. Incorporating a number of different textures, layers and elements to their music has enabled them to carry on with the sound they helped develop, but also keep real with the time SIGNATURE they find themselves in. Available on Vinyl LP and CD."

Fixed, now it makes sense. New song: yessss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's a blast.  Only put in one listen but I dig the aggressive bite on a few of the songs.  Also feel like they really pummel you with some repetitive riffs that serve as a backbone for grooves and fluctuation with the drumming and bass, on a few songs.  I think I'm going to end up enjoying it more than X'ed Out.

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, ethereal said:

any ideas?

Someone mentioned that Super Fx is a completely different song on the LP than on the other versions. I wouldn’t know because I don’t own this LP due to the fact that I don’t like it all that much. Sad, because they have always been one of my favorite bands