Hi, are you planning on visiting?  Apart from googling I don't know of any decent stores in Milton Keynes/Bedford (I'm in Peterborough) but there is a bus service (Stagecoach X5) from Milton Keynes/Bedford to Cambridge which has Lost In Vinyl who are very good. They also have Black Barn Records which is a vinyl/memorabilia shop and very pricey but good for a browse. It costs around £10 for a dayrider ticket on the bus, and Cambridge is always worth visiting imo.

http://www.lostinvinyl.org/about

36 minutes ago, delilah._.mae said:

Thanks so much! Yes, I usually get the bus to my school, so I could get the long ride to cambridge on early closure days? I have also done some googling and have found a place in Bletchley called bulldog records, I really recommend it!

The journey does take about 2 hours each way, so a Saturday might be easier. I wasn't sure if you were visiting from the US or UK based, as this is a mainly US forum. Sorry I cant recommend anything closer.

Might need to stretch a little further a field, and only going based on my knowledge, but there's a couple in Nottingham including a decent Rough Trade which opens late on Fridays/Saturdays (and whilst you're there, grab a burger from Annies Burger Shack). Northampton has Spun Out, but didn't go in when we drove pass, not sure if it's mostly dance music or what, but they did a RSD thingy so guessing they'll have that Toto Africa die-cut picture disc everyone wants!

Else trains to London take 40 mins from either Milton Beans or Bedford (some of these trains take a little longer, so the former is better) and you'll have plenty of selection in Soho to browse about.

2 hours ago, whoa said:

Might need to stretch a little further a field, and only going based on my knowledge, but there's a couple in Nottingham including a decent Rough Trade which opens late on Fridays/Saturdays (and whilst you're there, grab a burger from Annies Burger Shack). Northampton has Spun Out, but didn't go in when we drove pass, not sure if it's mostly dance music or what, but they did a RSD thingy so guessing they'll have that Toto Africa die-cut picture disc everyone wants!

Else trains to London take 40 mins from either Milton Beans or Bedford (some of these trains take a little longer, so the former is better) and you'll have plenty of selection in Soho to browse about.

Thanks! I'm heading up to London soon so I will be sure to check out some of the ones there. Do you think that the markets (Camden market, portobello market etc) are worth looking at?

3 hours ago, Roandy55 said:

The journey does take about 2 hours each way, so a Saturday might be easier. I wasn't sure if you were visiting from the US or UK based, as this is a mainly US forum. Sorry I cant recommend anything closer.

No, I live in the U.K. but thanks for your help anyway! I'm just looking for a decent place with good quality records to expand my collection. Most of the time I shop at HMV, but because everything is brand new, it costs a fortune! Just spent £30.00 on "What's the story morning glory " , then found it online for a tenner!