Primus-Desaturating Seven-9/29

Rad contest if you pre-ordered from ATO.

All physical pre-orders are entered to win the Seven Goblins contest. Find one of the seven goblins in your pre-order and win! The winner of the grand prize Yellow Goblin will receive 1 poster from every show of the 2017 Fall tour (10/22-11/13) and 2 tickets to any of these shows you wish to attend. Find one of the other six goblins and receive a pair of tickets to a show of your choice (10/22-11/13) plus that night’s show poster. 

2 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Amazon pushed back the release to mid Oct. Vinyl may have been delayed?

I ordered the splatter variant through ATO's site.  Mine "shipped" on 9/22, and by shipped i mean they printed out the shipping label.  Didn't actually start moving until yesterday.  Currently says my expected delivery date is Friday.

56 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Mine showed up from amazon today. 

This is a quick album at roughly 30 mins. It is certainly Primus but more like a mix of Wonka and Pork Soda(Krinkle, Nature Boy).

Not a bad listen but after some of the groove on the seven song, I was hoping for more energy throughout

I agree. The album is a little slow. There are a few really fat Les basslines and some grooves on three of the tracks, but the album does sort of meander with some bass noodling and strange lyrics. Ler doesn't really have any solos either.

The Storm is a solid track. 

I also really like the mix of this album. Sounds very thick, with heavy bass, drums right behind, and Ler filling in the air between the rhythm section. I guess that's just classic Primus.

After I finished listening, I immediately thought, I want more new Primus material. 34 min is just too short. 

Haven't gotten around to listening to the rainbow splatter yet but some folks on discogs did mention  surface noise. Could be the variant, or it could just be modern vinyl pressings these days. I need to wet wash the disc first.

One last thing. I really like the inside of the jacket. That trippy rainbow effect. Solid artwork throughout. Pleased overall with it for $19.

Edited by zdkaiser

Spatter vinyl after vacuum cleaning sounds ok. Still some pops and clicks but it seems to go with the theme of the  album and you don't really notice it. I have spun this about half a dozen times and while rather enjoyable, IT IS SHORT! Very enjoyable and completely fits in with pork soda/wonka comment above. 

I will take it and hope they put out some more stuff...we all know Primus SUCKS! and is epic live!