13 minutes ago, parkinglot said:

The whole situation with Nicole seems like a mess.  Maybe I am wrong, but I hate when emotional abusers are spoken of in the same context as sexual abusers.  Both are shitty, but vastly different.

It really bums me out. I've been in emotionally abusive relationships. Like...shit has gotten bad for me. It's horrible. I feel bad for Katie, she's awesome. But it just sounds like Nicole was an asshole to a lot of people while struggling with A LOT of shit and mental illness. I feel terrible about how all of this shit has been going down for her. From what I've seen she's legitimately trying to get better and stop her abusive behaviors.

4 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I'm gonna hate taking the gamble with another BWM purhase to try and get the new OHYO. 

I think BWM is done. I never had a problem getting my stuff from them. I think after she was kicked out of TWIABP she just couldn't keep up with the business. I'm sure the TWIABP merch/records BWM did funded the rest of their projects. So after losing that cash flow, they struggled to keep up with everything and just couldn't do it. Plus, BWM was mostly TWIABP memebers helping pack/ship shit. 

This is just what I've gathered and surmised from social media and shit.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

It really bums me out. I've been in emotionally abusive relationships. Like...shit has gotten bad for me. It's horrible. I feel bad for Katie, she's awesome. But it just sounds like Nicole was an asshole to a lot of people while struggling with A LOT of shit and mental illness. I feel terrible about how all of this shit has been going down for her. From what I've seen she's legitimately trying to get better and stop her abusive behaviors.

I think BWM is done. I never had a problem getting my stuff from them. I think after she was kicked out of TWIABP she just couldn't keep up with the business. I'm sure the TWIABP merch/records BWM did funded the rest of their projects. So after losing that cash flow, they struggled to keep up with everything and just couldn't do it. Plus, BWM was mostly TWIABP memebers helping pack/ship shit. 

This is just what I've gathered and surmised from social media and shit.

As best I can tell they are still taking new orders, no clue if they are fulfilling any. Or if they offered refunds for the 2017 cassette and vinyl subscriptions. If it's over because they can't keep up with it then that's fine but they need to shut down the store and refund open orders if there is no intent to honor them.

7 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm sure a lot of people have been in that situation too. It's difficult for everyone, and it's very hard to move on from. In my personal experience that behaviour came from the person in question being in a bad place themselves...it may not be entirely excusable, but I always felt like Nicole was a good person who struggled. And who doesn't feel that way at times? I don't mean to negate whatever happened, of course, or excuse behaviour that is inappropriate or abusive. Obviously people don't know the exact details here, and maybe never will, so more than anything else I just hope everyone can put everything behind them and move forward. I want to be excited for TWIABP, and I want to be excited for the OHYO record, and I hope that this personal stuff can be addressed (privately or publicly). 

This new song sounds great. There's definitely less of a guitar-led feel but when it takes off it soars like anything else they've done. I can't wait to hear the rest.

Edited by Mattallurgist

1 minute ago, dantheriver said:

As best I can tell they are still taking new orders, no clue if they are fulfilling any. Or if they offered refunds for the 2017 cassette and vinyl subscriptions. If it's over because they can't keep up with it then that's fine but they need to shut down the store and refund open orders if there is no intent to honor them.

I didn't realize the store was still up. The whole situation is shitty, I know a bunch of bands and a lot of fans got screwed. I'm not defending what happened, but from a human perspective I understand how it happened.

I remember being unsure I'd get the 4 copies of the Formlessness 12" I'd ordered. Sounds like I lucked out.

Does anyone remember when this band advocated the murder of police? What I found really interesting about that situation was that it happened not too long after the Whirr situation. With Whirr the internet lost their damn minds, their label dropped them, and the band disappeared. But this band got a free fucking pass.

Fuck that.

14 minutes ago, julianisdead said:

Does anyone remember when this band advocated the murder of police? What I found really interesting about that situation was that it happened not too long after the Whirr situation. With Whirr the internet lost their damn minds, their label dropped them, and the band disappeared. But this band got a free fucking pass.

Fuck that.

Fuck the police.

edit: all jokes aside the truly funny thing is that the guy who was rumored to be behind the Whirr tweets (yea sure they blamed some random guy who they let tweet on their band account...) is still in Nothing and they got exponentially more popular than Whirr ever was.

Edited by dantheriver

3 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Fuck the police.

edit: all jokes aside the truly funny thing is that the guy who was rumored to be behind the Whirr tweets (yea sure they blamed some random guy who they let tweet on their band account...) is still in Nothing and they got exponentially more popular than Whirr ever was.

Wait, really?  I know several people who take the side of straight-up "fuck Whirr" after that incident, and refuse to listen to their music – new or old.  I don't know that they've necessarily gotten more popular, but I think their split with Nothing amidst the Tired of Tomorrow hype probably didn't hurt them.

23 minutes ago, julianisdead said:

Fuck that.

I don't recall this and I've been a fan for around 5 years. Enlighten me? I genuinely curious. I don't like advocating any type of violence, but I'm trying to get a concept of the specific situation.

Also, I relatively enjoy Sway regardless of people's shitty opinions/ hate.

6 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I don't recall this and I've been a fan for around 5 years. Enlighten me? I genuinely curious. I don't like advocating any type of violence, but I'm trying to get a concept of the specific situation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/4sc7fv/discussion_the_world_is_a_beautiful_place_i_am_no/

Mostly explained here. 

8 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/4sc7fv/discussion_the_world_is_a_beautiful_place_i_am_no/

Edit Too slow.

Edited by dantheriver

I don't want to make this thread political, or come off as even more of an asshole here on the boards, but I have to admit that I typically stop following bands on social media when they get too Tumblr for me... and of those, TWIABP probably takes home the prized ribbon, if not for that post alone.  I recall that instance and thought it was in pretty poor taste, whoever posted it.  Much like the Whirr debacle, though, it didn't ignite the desire for me to trash their records and never listen to them again.

I recall a few people saying "that's fucked up" or whatever, but I'm still floored there wasn't a stronger backlash. Coming from a scene that loves holding people accountable for shit they do/say, most people didn't bat an eye.  

This reminds me of a meme around the same time that was making the rounds making fun of Wes Eisold for only having one hand. At the point I saw it, it had hundreds of RTs. The person I saw RTing it was a person who lost their shit about Whirr thing. Basically just proving this scene only cares about certain "classes" of people.  

Wow. Totally missed that. It's pretty disheartening, but I am human too. The Sandy Hook shooting occurred near me (I'm a teacher as well), and my initial reaction wasn't "omg, this poor guy needed help" but instead was (this is a pretty direct quote) "I wish hell existed, so I could know this guy was there." I say this only because knee jerk reactions are sometimes harsh. I'm sure that all these guys have met decent cops who we're kind people. Just the same as I've met wonderful people who suffer from mental illness. A retraction and apology would have been nice, though.

3 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

Not me!  Especially after finding out TWIABP were trying to be NWA at one point!

While I understand your point and reaction, I just want to say that you shouldn't judge a band larger than Slipknot for a couple of misguided individual's views at a specific point in time. That was largely my point in my longwinded post. Of course, your perspective is yours to hold; I don't discount you for it. It should be specifically noted that one, main individual suffers from mental health issues herself.