32 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

A complete list of reasons I've called the cops in my life:

-Saw someone get hit by a bus and die

So far, right?  Nobody around you in your life has ever needed their help?  Friend, acquaintance?

25 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Also, I'm not an anarchist. We need civil servants to "protect and serve" but our current system is completely broken and all cops are bastards. Some are murderers.

Hey, I don't really like them either and not looking to argue but "all" cops are bastards? Really?  You're not even willing to throw down a smaller percent?

I understand your opinion but am sure if you or someone you know or loved really needed one urgently, your attitude would change in a second.  That's all.

2 hours ago, rogeoa8 said:

only immigrants and low-income people in the USA call the police. everyone else knows better than to involve the road pirates in their personal affairs.

We definitely need police for more extreme cases, but yeah never been helpful at all to me. Once, I got mugged, and decided to call the cops. Took my info, but I mentioned that I had crossed the street to them, which magically transported me from City boundaries to County Boundries, so they transferred me to them, where I had to repeat the info. Because cops had arrived on the other side of the street I had to hang up to avoid confusion. In the end after all their driving around, a friend of mine I had texted simply drove around, found the suspect and handcuffed him to a tree while the cops came. 

On another occasion, I tackled someone who was trying to get out of a store after robbing them, and he escaped. The store owner wanted me to stick around, but after an hour of waiting I said screw it and gave him my number in case they wanted to call me. You'd think someone with a gun would warrant a faster response. 

Now that is how you derail an album thread. 

Edited by MCDELTAT

2 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

Yeah guys.  I saw a video on Facebook the other day of a cop helping an old woman across the street.  Doesn't get better than that.

Look at this cop play basketball will some youths! This cop bought ice cream!

3 hours ago, freedumb said:

So far, right?  Nobody around you in your life has ever needed their help?  Friend, acquaintance?

Hey, I don't really like them either and not looking to argue but "all" cops are bastards? Really?  You're not even willing to throw down a smaller percent?

I understand your opinion but am sure if you or someone you know or loved really needed one urgently, your attitude would change in a second.  That's all.

I'm not saying every cop is a monster who should die. Cops are civil servants and I'd say most get into it for the right reasons. But they're part of a system/culture that makes them bastards.

My brother is a cop. I've heard some shit that turns my stomach. Shit that he does or witnesses without speaking up every day, shit that's "just part of the job."

But like, that new TWIABP single was pretty alright. Cautiously excited to spin my copy next month.

• 2 weeks later...