1 hour ago, shawnayala90 said:

Anyone else get the tape and hear the secret track after Infinite Steve?

No but I'd be interested to hear a rip if someone gets one. There is an opaque green tour version that I don't think has been mentioned yet, but I missed the date near me so if someone can grab me one it would be much appreciated

Update i got for anyone who ordered the Sky Blue from KRM:

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We were told the Always Foreign LP in sky blue was delayed and would be arriving 10/27. However, we are still waiting to receive that item and expecting them to arrive by the end of the week. 

Regards,
KRM”

So, Dylan's now left the band too it seems. Can't link to his Instagram post (thanks, work filters) but I wonder what's gone on there? Am I maybe jumping the gun by just assuming there's going to have been some drama here? 

Edit: I realise I probably sound like an asshole here - I was kind of joking about the drama but totally misworded it! 

Edited by Mattallurgist

6 minutes ago, Mattallurgist said:

So, Dylan's now left the band too it seems. Can't link to his Instagram post (thanks, work filters) but I wonder what's gone on there? Am I maybe jumping the gun by just assuming there's going to have been some drama here? 

If they are in the middle of a tour,  yeah, maybe. Or maybe he had some personal things to take care of that were more important.

1 minute ago, Codyoster said:

If they are in the middle of a tour,  yeah, maybe. Or maybe he had some personal things to take care of that were more important.

Yeah, of course! I was kinda joking about the drama, but totally did not do a very good job of conveying that. Obviously I hope everything's okay first and foremost!

Just now, Codyoster said:

Yeah, pathetic drama has ruined many bands and it seems like twiabp is the latest casualty.

4 minutes ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

why would you be joking about the drama? the pathetic drama ruined this once great band.

I guess I find it pretty funny that it's reached that point. It's a shame, more than anything else. I still want to love Always Foreign but after reading through the lyrics and stuff I just began to find them really off-putting. Obviously I don't know what happened between them, but some of the songs on that record seem so obviously about Nicole in such a vindictive way...I don't wanna say that you can't write songs about stuff like this, obviously you can, but I just didn't like it here. I felt like the 'drama' overtook the actual music a little, and that's where it starts to just seem absurd. It's a band, not a Tumblr comment thread. I remember the lineup shuffling around a tonne pre-Harmlessness and it always felt exciting, like, what direction will it go? How can they add to the sound they already have? I guess it's telling that someone leaves now and you could be forgiven for assuming some shit had gone down.  

someone on reddit linked to dylan's facebook post where he detailed why he's out. basically he asked to take a month off of touring after this current tour (a day before it started) for mental health reasons. they said "maybe you should just leave the band" and then they made him leave the band a day before tour. 

3 hours ago, Mattallurgist said:

I guess I find it pretty funny that it's reached that point. It's a shame, more than anything else. I still want to love Always Foreign but after reading through the lyrics and stuff I just began to find them really off-putting. Obviously I don't know what happened between them, but some of the songs on that record seem so obviously about Nicole in such a vindictive way...I don't wanna say that you can't write songs about stuff like this, obviously you can, but I just didn't like it here.

Those lyrics are so fucked up it's disgusting. Bello can't write anything that isn't a personal attack it seems. Every song is complaining about something or other there are no introspective lyrics to be found. When Nicole was writing MOST of the lyrics before this record there was always something worthwhile to draw from them. This band being a revolving door of members relied on her as the centerpiece.

10 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Those lyrics are so fucked up it's disgusting. Bello can't write anything that isn't a personal attack it seems. Every song is complaining about something or other there are no introspective lyrics to be found. When Nicole was writing MOST of the lyrics before this record there was always something worthwhile to draw from them. This band being a revolving door of members relied on her as the centerpiece.

OHYO where are you?!? 

Yeah, this band lost me. I loved their earlier material and I could even understand why Nicole had to be forced out - but the album's lyrics being so hostile toward her and now them ousting Dylan for seemingly no reason is the end of the line for me. 

Plus, the album was so ho-hum. 

48 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Same. No one would know his name if Nicole didnt pick him to be the new vocalist and they'll forget it soon when this band fizzles out. Anyone seen them live recently? Can they play the old songs?

I didn't like the new album very much at all but I just saw them and they did well with the Harmlessness stuff, anything older was spotty. All throughout, though, I could tell they were missing a guitar. Sometimes (Getting Sodas, even!!!!) they would use Katie's synth to replace Nicole's part(s).