Only Left speaker working HELP!!

hey everyone,

i am very much a novice when it comes to anything electrical but i have managed to set my record player up with ny amp and speakers. The only issue i have is when i have the record player on it only plays out of the left speaker, the record player is plugged into the phono port. i know its not the amp or the speakers as the amp has just had a new mother board put in, the speakers are brand new, Plus all works fine when i have my phone plugged in to the aux port. So i am the problem lies with the record player, i have done a bit of research myself and i think i may need a new cartridge. if anyone can help or possibly point me in the right direction to where i may find a cartride, (the record player is a Dual 604). Any help and tips would be appreciated.

You'll have to do some troubleshooting.

First thing to do is to check the audio cables. I don't know if the Dual 604 has hard wired rca cables or not. If they are not hard wired, switch the red and white around on the back of the turntable. What happens? audio switch from right to left speaker? Yes - move on, No - problem is with the amp or connection.

Obviously, check connection on back f amp. Make sure cables are snugly connected.

If you switch the cables around, and it is still only playing through the left speaker it could get more difficult to detect.

The dual 604 has a headshell that comes off, and this is what your cartridge is hooked up to. It should have 4 small wires going to the back of the cartridge. Are those all connected?