PO NOW: Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe (Bubblegum Pink wax)

1 hour ago, V3XED said:

They said something in a earlier email about how shipping would be staggered based on your order date.
So if you nabbed this ASAP when it went up, yours might be soon? If you got it late it may be a while (my guess)

Valid point. Between this and 2814 I'm calling this genre: The Birth of a New Delay

I'll go ahead and leave now.

• 2 weeks later...

About a half hour ago there were 7 copies left. Against my better judgment, I put down for one. It's sold out now. Crazy.

I was unaware of what this was until I came upon this thread. I streamed it on Bandcamp and I found it to be a really, really interesting and bizarre audio experiment/collage. I don't know if I'd call it great music per se (given the fact that it's not technically original music), but through the lens of "art project", it holds up as a highly creative listen. I don't follow meme culture so I am listening out of that context.

$28 shipped isn't terrible. I don't ever look at records as "investments", but if I find that this stops resonating with me over the years, it'll likely have decent resale value given the lore surrounding it.

I figured, I was patient for over a year with the Blood Music Emperor box set, I was patient for over a year for the NIN reissues, I can be patient for a few weeks, possibly months for this.

This board definitely hasn't helped me with my impulsive spending behavior :lol:

18 minutes ago, DASiano said:

About a half hour ago there were 7 copies left. Against my better judgment, I put down for one. It's sold out now. Crazy.

I was unaware of what this was until I came upon this thread. I streamed it on Bandcamp and I found it to be a really, really interesting and bizarre audio experiment/collage. I don't know if I'd call it great music per se (given the fact that it's not technically original music), but through the lens of "art project", it holds up as a highly creative listen. I don't follow meme culture so I am listening out of that context.

$28 shipped isn't terrible. I don't ever look at records as "investments", but if I find that this stops resonating with me over the years, it'll likely have decent resale value given the lore surrounding it.

I figured, I was patient for over a year with the Blood Music Emperor box set, I was patient for over a year for the NIN reissues, I can be patient for a few weeks, possibly months for this.

This board definitely hasn't helped me with my impulsive spending behavior :lol:

There is no context, it wasn't birthed in meme culture.

50 minutes ago, DASiano said:

this is the demographic of most people who bought this. 90% hype buyers who have no idea what the fuck it is and hope to resell it one day, paired with the 10% of actual vapor fans that actually know why they want it.

no, you aren't boldly discovering new music on a forum, you are giving into hype because you are mildly interested in flipping your purchase.

48 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Vapor wave is a joke but I bought this anyways

if you’re using this release as the basis of vaporwave being a joke (which it looks like) than you must really have zero knowledge about the genre at all.

enjoy your wasted $30 trying to be relevant for something :rolleyes: