PO NOW: Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe (Bubblegum Pink wax)

So how does the PayPal dispute process work? Do they contact the seller and see what's up? I don't want to do a dispute then have the order canceled. I'm hoping it'll be more along the lines of PayPal bringing my order to light and them hurry the order but idk. I'll wait til the end of January I guess 

5 minutes ago, pizza face said:

So how does the PayPal dispute process work? Do they contact the seller and see what's up? I don't want to do a dispute then have the order canceled. I'm hoping it'll be more along the lines of PayPal bringing my order to light and them hurry the order but idk. I'll wait til the end of January I guess 

If you raise a dispute, the OESB douche will likely cancel the order altogether.

The OESB guy has been nothing but nice to me. I got my order a week or two ago, and I ordered it a few waves in (I wanna say some time in October? I got the bundle). I'd say you just gotta be patient. This order is probably huge and a lot of work, and I wouldn't be surprised if only a couple people were pushing these through (admittedly, I know little about this label). 

1 hour ago, Cpaskous said:

I got my order a week or two ago, and I ordered it a few waves in (I wanna say some time in October? I got the bundle). I'd say you just gotta be patient. This order is probably huge and a lot of work, and I wouldn't be surprised if only a couple people were pushing these through (admittedly, I know little about this label).

I placed my order on September 12th. Still haven't received it or any response to the inquiry I sent last week. Then again, it's hardly "late" at this point. The most recent date estimate was December 6th. And yeah, it's clearly a relatively big project for the label.

I ordered HKE and Ferraro from him in late January. Nothing to show for it beside a vague promise to bundle all orders together back in September. Todd used to be an okay guy like a decade ago and the label would ship stuff promptly. Night-and-day difference to his beyond-frustrating neglect today. Make OESB Great Again.

3 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

For those of you waiting on August and September orders, just buy it from today’s link, wait for that to arrive promptly and then cancel your months old order which will undoubtedly still not have shipped. 

My Ferraro/HKE bundle was paid for Jan 20. My MacPlus/Vektroid bundle August 6th

email from OESB

bde44b38-14b2-491f-aeeb-e153376463b2.jpg

FLORAL SHOPPE UPDATE - 12/15/2017

Okay -- thanks everyone for your patience -- many of you have already received your copy(s) by now but here is an update for those who haven't -- also we will do our best to address some of the rumors and hysteria surrounding this release:

1) Our sincere apologies for not being able to answer individual emails from most customers -- we simply haven't had the time to do so -- we will further explain these time-related issues in other parts of this update -- as for the customers with address change requests: we typically fix your address when the labels are being created as that saves us time.

2) Concerning rumors that we won't be filling orders -- these are simply not true -- we've had some unfortunate/unavoidable delays that we will explain but there's going to be massive numbers of shipments between now and the end of the year -- all orders will be filled -- if you don't trust our word on this then just go ahead and file a Paypal claim to secure a refund.

3) Here's a great YouTube video of the finished album (via "Pad Chennington") -- we really love the effort that Mr. Chennington is putting into his video reviews of vinyl albums -- and here's a cool follow-up video that he made regarding Floral Shoppe -- big props to Pad for making these videos!!

4) Inside each shrink-wrapped album will be the 22" x 22" poster as well as a download card -- NOTE: the digital download includes a previously unreleased download-only bonus track

5) Please double-check your address information!! 
Oftentimes customers have an older address listed in their Paypal info -- please check your order and ensure that it's routed to the correct address -- if you have already emailed us on this then do not be concerned if we didn't reply as we've had hundreds of address change requests and haven't had the time to respond to everyone.

92091e45-163e-4663-a41f-d5cab04e1e0a.jpg
CARDBOARD MOUNTAINS AT OESB's SHIPPING HEADQUARTERS
6) What's been causing delays??
Here we go -- there is a lot to go into here and we feel that no matter what we say it's the equivalent of throwing gasoline onto the "vapordrama" fires on Reddit and wherever else -- as there's a small faction of the vaporwave community who clearly want OESB to be the "Devil" so we will be playing that role to fulfill their fantasies no matter what is said -- the fact is that the majority of our customer base has been really patient and awesome and most of them aren't tuned into all of the ridiculous message-board conspiracy theories -- but another unfortunate fact is that some of these message-board "vaporbrats" are so hell-bent on sabotaging our efforts that they actually have helped cause some of the delays that we are experiencing -- another "enemy faction" has been some of the eBay/Discogs flippers who didn't receive their albums as quickly as they hoped and then did their best to attack OESB -- so yeah all of this cyber-bullying has been a real drag but we still want to thank the huge majority of our customers for being so gracious and amazing.

Anyways the high-volume of sales in early August led to Paypal flagging our account and freezing the majority of our funds -- this is a fairly typical thing that Paypal does when there is unusually high activity -- Paypal promised to unfreeze our funds after we could show that over half our orders had been shipped -- with our funds frozen I was unable to hire the helpers that I had planned to have help speed things along and I had to take on extra hours at a night job in order to help pay for shipping costs -- this slowed things down considerably but by mid-November I was able to show Paypal that over half our orders had been shipped out and then I had to wait a grueling three weeks before they released only a portion of the money that was held -- it's enough to get another large batch of orders shipped out but we still can't quite operate at "full speed" -- this is all very frustrating but we're doing the best that we can here. There's now some light at the end of the tunnel at least.

Here's some time breakdowns for those curious:
Working at full-speed by myself each package takes about 6 minutes to assemble and do the paperwork/labels/tracking email for -- sometimes longer when address change requests are involved -- but 6 minutes per box is an accurate estimate -- this works out to 10 packages per hour -- so 100 boxes for a full 10-hour day's work -- this assumes that I'm not multi-tasking and doing anything else like answering emails, etc -- our original plan was to have 3-4 helpers in order to get several hundred boxes shipped out per day but we had to scrap that plan when the Paypal hassles started -- the good news is that we do have a part-time helper on board as well as in intern now -- so things will be moving along at a much better pace than they were in October/November.

That's all for now -- thanks!!

Todd // OESB

34 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Long email that doesn't really answer the big questions.

1. Why are people who ordered day one still waiting while newer orders have shipped?

2. Why keep taking orders when you are clearly this far backed up?

Also, what about their previous release a year ago which people paid money for and still nothing to show for it?

Holy fuck this would have been so much more useful if it had gone out in mid-September. Would have saved Todd from bitching about cyber-bullying, and fair cop, I sent at least two "extra spicy" emails but only after an incremental layer of back and forth stretching back since early summer led precisely nowhere but what seemed to be a trail of false promises.

At the same time, how the fuck do you not have a regular PP contact after the HKE/Ferraro bundle to shoot an email saying "o hai PayPal rep! We're releasing the mother of meme albums c.2010s on vinyl, do not freeze our account kthnxbai" ahead of time? Takes like 15 minutes and a staff meeting to get done. 3 days work max.

Indisputable: OESB's PR is crap. If we've been led down the rabbit hole so far, then this is the event horizon of updates. (metaphor bludgeoned) All aces up sleeves are in play. They have no more excuses left.

OESB Enemies:

"small faction of the vaporwave community who clearly want OESB to be the "Devil""

"vaporbrats"

"eBay/Discogs flippers"

"Paypal"

"extra hours at a night job"

"time"

OESB Friends:

Pad Chennington

Spoken like a true blame-shifter who refuses to take responsibility. You weren't prepared for the release. Own it, man. OWN IT.

On 12/16/2017 at 2:32 AM, armadillo01 said:

At the same time, how the fuck do you not have a regular PP contact after the HKE/Ferraro bundle to shoot an email saying "o hai PayPal rep! We're releasing the mother of meme albums c.2010s on vinyl, do not freeze our account kthnxbai" ahead of time? Takes like 15 minutes and a staff meeting to get done.

I infer from their email update that PayPal already had them on double secret probation due to past "difficulties". 

Edited by conedust
words are hard