PO NOW: Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe (Bubblegum Pink wax)

20 minutes ago, RockPuppetz said:

This fool knows nothing. your record will most likely showed up, my brothers copy showed up like 3 days ago.

That or it doesn't....and the time period for submitting a claim through paypal lapses.  Either way.

Let's be fair.  The guy doesn't make much effort to appear like he isn't trying to take your money.  Won't respond to emails; lets paypal claims expire with no response, etc.

Edited by webdoggy

Removing all emotion and frustration and theories, it seems pretty simple.

The guy is sending out records as they trickle in and the order seems a bit disorganized and out of order.

If you open a claim the week that the PayPal 180 day coverage is about to lapse, you will be fine and get your money back 10 days later. If you're lucky, you'll get your record before then.

2 minutes ago, webdoggy said:

No, you don't. You have 120 days. I would guess a fair amount of people are bumping up on that timeframe, as I was.

Incorrect, it's 180 days (6 months):

"The first step is to open a dispute within 180 days of your payment and try to work out the problem with the seller through the Dispute Resolution process in the Resolution Center. "

https://www.paypal.com/pm/selfhelp/article/do-i-have-to-file-a-paypal-buyer-protection-claim-within-a-certain-timeframe-faq1417

1 minute ago, stl_ben said:

Incorrect, it's 180 days (6 months):

"The first step is to open a dispute within 180 days of your payment and try to work out the problem with the seller through the Dispute Resolution process in the Resolution Center. "

https://www.paypal.com/pm/selfhelp/article/do-i-have-to-file-a-paypal-buyer-protection-claim-within-a-certain-timeframe-faq1417

Huh. I stand corrected.  I was looking at this:

"Buyers can file chargebacks 120 days or more after an order’s been placed."

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/resolve-disputes

The "or more" must have been the kicker.

Edited by webdoggy

I started a claim last Monday, I sent a message to Todd thru the PayPal claim and I have to take action before the 17th to escalate it to PayPal especially if he doesn't respond. So I'll wait until maybe the 14th to do that. I still haven't received any tracking number so maybe he saw the claim and said fuck this guy he's just gonna have fun reading about this record.  

Correct me if I’m wrong, but no one who’s opened a claim has gotten their record, right?

If that’s the case, what it looks like to me is basically opening a claim is the equivalent of cancelling your order.

He sees the claim come in, takes your order off the list and lets the dispute escalate/lapse into a full-on refund without even addressing it with PayPal. 

It’s the minimum amount of work for him - he neither has to interact with the buyer filing the claim nor PayPal itself - and it’s one less order he has to deal with. Plus, he doesn’t even have to look at his email very closely for random people cancelling/asking about orders since he can just pay attention to the ones from PayPal stating a disputed has been opened.