PO NOW: Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe (Bubblegum Pink wax)

46 minutes ago, discoinfiltrator07 said:

My bandcamp order says it was shipped on March 19.  Didn't get an email update though.

That BandCamp estimated shipping field is auto-populated based on what the seller puts as their "shipping/handling turnaround" time. You'll know your order actually shipped when you receive a separate email with a tracking number. And FYI my order took 10 days between when I got the email and when the post office actually received the package, so waiting is the through line with this entire thing.

5 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Looks like the Shopify product page is gone. Officially/finally sold out? I don't believe it.

My guess is they got some sort of cease and desist. I'm guessing that based on the fact that this release has been removed from the Discogs marketplace:

https://www.discogs.com/MACプラス-フローラルの専門店/release/10960101

That fact, combined with Todd's (the operator of OESB) admission on reddit that "Vektroid's manager (Lincoln Heath of Alchemy)" has been blowing him up via text (I'm guessing for pressing this without proper permission), seems to strongly indicate that not only is OESB ripping off people who ordered this LP, they're also scamming the artist. Here's Todd's statement on reddit:

The drama behind this release is unreal. It's so hard to know for sure what the hell is going on because Todd's story keeps shifting, but my hunch is he took a ton of orders, only pressed a small amount of copies, left most people who ordered holding the bag, and never got proper permission for this release from the artist. I ordered my copy back in the summer, and I've followed all his bullshit, feet-dragging updates along the way, and this is my best guess. I've given up on ever getting my order.

Edited by GrapplesInStereo

2 minutes ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

The drama behind this release is unreal.

Seriously, all kidding aside, I have honestly never seen someone so capable of spewing so much manure from their mouth and continue to make a bad situation worse. What will it take for this guy to just shut up and realize his poor excuses only make him come off worse and worse? 

5 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Seriously, all kidding aside, I have honestly never seen someone so capable of spewing so much manure from their mouth and continue to make a bad situation worse. What will it take for this guy to just shut up and realize his poor excuses only make him come off worse and worse? 

I messaged him about my order on a reddit thread from a few weeks ago, and he started being a smartass with me, and when I pushed back and brought up the fact that I'd ordered back in August and never received any reliable updates, he suddenly switched and became damn near rational. I thought for the briefest of moments that he might actually start acting like an adult, then he proceeded to pull some more shenanigans in yet another sorry-for-the-delay type thread from this week.

I've given up. This guy is about as mature as my two year old. It's almost like he gets off on being a heel. I just don't get it. I can't tell if he's mentally ill, on drugs, or both.

Edited by GrapplesInStereo

To say that dude's not handling things great seems an understatement, but the release not being legit? I'm fairly certain that's bs. If OESB had to pull Mac Plus, then they'd've had to pull Tanning Salon as well. Which they haven't.

Also, just as general info since I'd never heard of it before, the Paypal freeze is real. Happened to a friend's label a couple of weeks back with their fifth release. All five promoted, launched, bought, and shipped the exact same way through the exact same website. They spent hours with different Paypal customer service agents and never got any real explanation.  Now, I have no idea about OESB's circumstances, but this has caused real problems for my friend.

Edited by docbronze

20 hours ago, docbronze said:

To say that dude's not handling things great seems an understatement, but the release not being legit? I'm fairly certain that's bs. If OESB had to pull Mac Plus, then they'd've had to pull Tanning Salon as well. Which they haven't.

Also, just as general info since I'd never heard of it before, the Paypal freeze is real. Happened to a friend's label a couple of weeks back with their fifth release. All five promoted, launched, bought, and shipped the exact same way through the exact same website. They spent hours with different Paypal customer service agents and never got any real explanation.  Now, I have no idea about OESB's circumstances, but this has caused real problems for my friend.

Why is it that both you, your friend and Todd have never heard of transferring PayPal funds to expense accounts/keeping cashflow/liquidity for shipment? No matter what you say, he was ill-prepared since Dragon Soul. Maybe he thought since OESB had slowed to a trickle in terms of release schedule that he would expect slow and steady sales or something? That's the most benefit of the doubt I can give the guy.

Again, for the record, I first paid him on January 28th, 2017. Check that with the two replies above me and tell me again about how horrible PayPal is when Todd had just about 15 months to transfer that money to a safe and secure bank account. Dying to see what other excuse you got for the guy.

Edited by armadillo01

2 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Why is it that both you, your friend and Todd have never heard of transferring PayPal funds to expense accounts/keeping cashflow/liquidity for shipment? No matter what you say, he was ill-prepared since Dragon Soul. Maybe he thought since OESB had slowed to a trickle in terms of release schedule that he would expect slow and steady sales or something? That's the most benefit of the doubt I can give the guy.

Again, for the record, I first paid him on January 28th, 2017. Check that with the two replies above me and tell me again about how horrible PayPal is when Todd had just about 15 months to transfer that money to a safe and secure bank account. Dying to see what other excuse you got for the guy.

Just a head up, Dillo, that it wasn't me who peed in your Wheaties this morning.  I'm not making any excuses for OESB. The first and last sentences of my post make it both pretty clear how I think OESB has handled this and that my friend's Paypal experience was not necessarily reflective of OESB's. The only thing I took any umbrage with was a post, that in fairness I neglected to quote, that indicated the release was not legitimate. That's all. The Paragraph about the PayPal freeze thing is just an anecdote that came into my purview after OESB used it as one of their excuses so I thought it was an interesting one to pass along. I'd never heard of it before. Just engaging in discourse; not litigating a vaportrial.

Again, I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT OESB, but, in my friend's instance, his label's PayPal account was frozen during the first few hours of the album dropping. That in essence froze the incoming cash of those who'd already purchased and kept would-be purchasers from being able to complete any transactions. In this case, there was never any meaningful opportunity to access those funds for a transfer. That said, they had it cleared up in about a week though it was quite a cluster. 

If it'll make you feel better, I'll curse and slander a bit more in my subsequent posts so as to remove any ambiguity.

From Discogs:

"Hi there, the original notice we received did not meet regulatory requirements and it should not have been blocked. That was our bad. The notice we received last week is a legal notice that complies with US DMCA requirements. We are not a rights society and can only rely on information provided by the community and online when investigating releases. In this case, there is a clear dispute and we need to side with the rights holder's request to avoid further legal issues on our end. The DMCA counter claim procedures are included in the notes on the release - this is the official/legal way to dispute the original notice requesting us to take the release down from the marketplace. We support both rights holders and the flow of great music through the marketplace, but where there is conflict, ultimately, we are going to comply with legally valid requests."

The question is now who sent Discogs the DMCA notice?

16 minutes ago, MrMatt767 said:

From Discogs:

"Hi there, the original notice we received did not meet regulatory requirements and it should not have been blocked. That was our bad. The notice we received last week is a legal notice that complies with US DMCA requirements. We are not a rights society and can only rely on information provided by the community and online when investigating releases. In this case, there is a clear dispute and we need to side with the rights holder's request to avoid further legal issues on our end. The DMCA counter claim procedures are included in the notes on the release - this is the official/legal way to dispute the original notice requesting us to take the release down from the marketplace. We support both rights holders and the flow of great music through the marketplace, but where there is conflict, ultimately, we are going to comply with legally valid requests."

The question is now who sent Discogs the DMCA notice?

vektroid 

2 hours ago, MrMatt767 said:

So I guess that confirms its not a legit release? At least not a release that's sanctioned by the artist themselves

These aren’t mutually exclusive. I don’t think anyone here knows exactly what’s happening behind the scenes between artist and label.

(But yeah, it certainly doesn’t help matters when there’s already so much drama around the release.)

10 hours ago, MrMatt767 said:

So I guess that confirms its not a legit release? At least not a release that's sanctioned by the artist themselves

It sounds like the release is legit but maybe was a badly negotiated deal and the new management is trying to help the artist exhaust their avenues for getting out of the deal (or at least making it an unpleasant deal on both ends)? Also, I think Discogs taking things down is an automatic reaction to any formal complaint/notice and it will stay down until someone else completes an official appeal of some sort, so it's not necessarily a conclusive ruling one way or the other.