Top Surf Guitar Albums on Vinyl?

Sounds like you are already familiar with the genre so whatever your ears like are the same good ones on vinyl.

Also, you could google top surf albums (on vinyl).  Like TONNES of articles.  I hate VMP, but here's an article they did.

http://www.vinylmeplease.com/magazine/10-best-surf-rock-albums-own-vinyl/

Black Eyed Peas ruined that Dick Dale tune for me.  Fuckers.

That Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet boxset is a must have in my opinion. Thee Shatners is another good one and I dig some of Man or Astroman's work. I really dig Messer Chups, too, but they're Russian and it's difficult to get their LP's without paying out the ass for shipping... which I have done.
Secret Chiefs 3 gets a little surfy here and there, but they are the best band that does surf, in my opinion. They just do so much other stuff that they're not really a surf rock band.

You can get Ventures records cheap... definitely get some of that.

Thank you both! Definitely some I haven't heard of there mameeshkamowskwoz, I will be checking those out.

I have about 5 or 6 LPs from the Ventures I inherited, love them. I should replace a couple though as they seem to have been used as skimboards at some point. I had forgot about Man or Astroman, I remember listening to them in middle school.

9 hours ago, OhBuoyancy said:

Thank you both! Definitely some I haven't heard of there mameeshkamowskwoz, I will be checking those out.

I have about 5 or 6 LPs from the Ventures I inherited, love them. I should replace a couple though as they seem to have been used as skimboards at some point. I had forgot about Man or Astroman, I remember listening to them in middle school.

Messer Chups is awesome and they have a very spooky in a cheesy 50's vibe... it doesn't hurt that their bassist Zombierella is smokin' hot.

75764d72d8e7179794273f7a3c060159--surf-m

Hey, my friend Hunter has a weekly surf show here in New Orleans called Storm Surge of Reverb on 91.5 WTUL (radio station at Tulane University). 

He's painstaking particular about documenting everything so you're bound to see a lot of stuff you're probably not familiar with. 

http://www.stormsurgeofreverb.com/