PO: Mewithoutyou [A->B] Life Repress

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

Doubtful. The band tried awhile back, and there is some licensing bullshit holding it up. Hopefully it gets resolved for everyone who needs a copy.

Yeah, that sucked. The pre-order was supposed to go up at midnight one day and then it just...didn't.

Tooth and Nail sold their catalog to some major label (Universal?) and it turned pressing any T&N shit into an expensive clusterfuck. But they got A-B pressed, so maybe there's hope for a 15 year CFUTF pressing?

21 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Yeah, that sucked. The pre-order was supposed to go up at midnight one day and then it just...didn't.

Tooth and Nail sold their catalog to some major label (Universal?) and it turned pressing any T&N shit into an expensive clusterfuck. But they got A-B pressed, so maybe there's hope for a 15 year CFUTF pressing?

they never had issues (AFAIK) with repressing AB because Gilead still owned the rights, which is why we are seeing it now. CFUTF is an entirely different story though since those rights were absorbed by UMG

35 minutes ago, ethereal said:

they never had issues (AFAIK) with repressing AB because Gilead still owned the rights, which is why we are seeing it now. CFUTF is an entirely different story though since those rights were absorbed by UMG

Ah, yeah I was a little unsure where the AB rights were. At this point, I'd say grab CFUTF when you can. A repress isn't exactly impossible but I wouldn't hold my breath.

20 hours ago, Derek™ said:

So why not just play the CD then?  I don't think anyone was griping about the way the CD sounds; it's more about the "remaster" just being plucked from the CD's files.  Makes it kind of pointless to scoop up the vinyl if it's going to sound identical, with the quiet, periodic pop and hiss.

They took the files from the CD and then remastered for vinyl. Sorry if I'm repeating anyone's post, but a CD actually holds the high quality wav files so I don't really see a problem with it. Now if they said they just had old digital mp3 files or something that'd be a different story

A Stereo mixdown, whether on tape or digital lossless stereo format to use to cut a vinyl lacquer/master is still much better than a CD which already has been compressed significantly for mass production. I love mwY and I wish they could access/locate something from the recording sessions that is more high quality like an original stereo mixdown from the studio but I can't fault them for not being able to find that source. I love supporting this band because I love their material and their attitudes toward their fans but I do feel that this really sucks and does technically defeat the purpose of the vinyl format and really just leaves the physical "fetish" attributes  of the modern vinyl fixation where it would have included the actual fidelity attributes of playing back on properly mastered vinyl. 

I still love these guys and I purchased this remaster before I heard about the CD sourcing. I'm going to keep it and play it and pretend its just a big black, grooved CD. 

I still have no idea how the fuck I lost my copy of AB. I've moved 6 times with my records and always transported them obsessively carefully. Somehow on the last one...it just vanished. The CD sourcing is a bummer, but I'm glad to have it for only slightly more than I paid for my original.

14 hours ago, Holo said:

Hate to be "that guy" but I decided to try contacting the band as suggested. If anyone doesn't mind could you take a look at this and maybe retweet so I can get their attention? This whole thing is so goddamn unbelievable 

Also, I feel legit bad for Rez here. That a some bullshit. I hope you can get shit sorted. 

22 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I still have no idea how the fuck I lost my copy of AB. I've moved 6 times with my records and always transported them obsessively carefully. Somehow on the last one...it just vanished. The CD sourcing is a bummer, but I'm glad to have it for only slightly more than I paid for my original.

Also, I feel legit bad for Rez here. That a some bullshit. I hope you can get shit sorted. 

Venue finally hit me up but I haven't gotten a solid answer. The band replied to me and coincidentally they got in touch really quick hahaha.

I thought I hooked you up on another A->B already, or was that someone else?

5 minutes ago, Holo said:

Venue finally hit me up but I haven't gotten a solid answer. The band replied to me and coincidentally they got in touch really quick hahaha.

I thought I hooked you up on another A->B already, or was that someone else?

You hooked me up with CFUTF. Which is actually currently on my turntable.

I was gonna retweet you but saw that band had already responded.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

You hooked me up with CFUTF. Which is actually currently on my turntable.

I was gonna retweet you but saw that band had already responded.

Emailed the venue and expect to hear back soonish. Worst case i am roadtripping to LA and seeing it with Dom

2 hours ago, whoa said:

Just got another email through for the download and it seems it's a much higher encode now. Haven't A>B (ahar) compared them about this remaster stuff though.

I asked and they clarified that the only thing that's been remastered is the vinyl itself.  The digit is not any different than previous releases.

2 hours ago, whoa said:

Just got another email through for the download and it seems it's a much higher encode now. Haven't A>B (ahar) compared them about this remaster stuff though.

I asked and they clarified that the only thing that's been remastered is the vinyl itself.  The digit is not any different than previous releases.

I've been waiting for this tour for the last 5 years. I still kind of can't believe they're actually doing it. It doesn't seem like Aaron likes to sing these songs as much as everything else, assuming based on their content.  I've seen most of them already but I'm so excited to finally be able to see them all, at the same show!