PO: Mewithoutyou [A->B] Life Repress

Dang, I need to remember to get whomever's shipping to write it's value is under £15 to limbo under import charges. Else, the record sounds great despite arriving caked in grit (slightly heavy on the bass maybe?) , a swift clean got the majority of the grit off, but it's suppeeerr clingy grit, like glitter, just not as fabulous as glitter tho.

1 hour ago, whoa said:

Dang, I need to remember to get whomever's shipping to write it's value is under £15 to limbo under import charges. Else, the record sounds great despite arriving caked in grit (slightly heavy on the bass maybe?) , a swift clean got the majority of the grit off, but it's suppeeerr clingy grit, like glitter, just not as fabulous as glitter tho.

Do you find that places actually do that? I just got a customs note for this (fourth in a row!) and I'm gonna have to stop buying from the US if it carries on like this!

1 hour ago, Mattallurgist said:

Do you find that places actually do that? I just got a customs note for this (fourth in a row!) and I'm gonna have to stop buying from the US if it carries on like this!

Some bands/labels do it upon request if you leave a note with an order (Tiny Engines did when I got a grab bag off them), but it's hit and miss. I think if an item has a value over £18, it's taxed and then you get a Royal Mail charge on top of that. So I always write a note begging them to claim the value is 0-10, and that it's not worth stating it's true value since it's not being sent via an insured postal method … But forgot on this occasion and got my £14 spanking on the import tax. OH WELL  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by whoa