PO goes up in an hour or so, so I thought it was time for a thread.

http://elusive-sound.com/2017/08/09/trna-lose-find-peace-vinyl-pre-order/

The vinyl release of Trna‘s outstanding album “Lose Yourself to Find Peace”. includes extended artwork and of course a heavy gatefold sleeve (with black hot foil treatement) plus conceptualized heavy coloured vinyl.
There will also be a special limited WOODEN SLEEVE edition laser-numbered to only (!) 50 copies.
Better tune in on time!

PREORDER will go live on Friday, August 11 at 8PM Zurich time (CET).   (aka 2pm EST)
Official RELEASE is set for Friday, August 25.

USA distribution (standard edition) will be handled through A Thousand Arms http://www.athousandarms.com/

Not sure why I can't embed this particular picture, but here is what the records actually look like (NOT mockups)

http://elusive-sound.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/20616871_1721567544520744_3640417059370022905_o.jpg

Edited by Gumbo72203

5 hours ago, anchorlessbodies said:

It's been one of the worst preorders I've ever experienced, struggled for hours to finally get the wooden sleeve edition. Thankfully secured one!

I know man, I was in the same boat.  My order didn't go through until some 4 hours later.  I was speaking with the label, and the demand simply crashed their server.  The spike in user activity was too much for their host to handle when it went live, hundreds of people hammering the site all at once trying to get stuff into their carts from all over the world.  I managed to get the last /10 and one of the regular /50 (which are almost gone now!) and thankfully CJ has the /160 regular edition over here, so I can snag that from him. 

I guess all of this speaks to their rise in popularity.  I didn't anticipate this kind of reaction from TRNA, because the band was totally unknown to me before Elusive Sound signed them.  I can't wait to hear the material on vinyl though, because Calm is absolutely stunning.  I'm not sure if you have any of their other releases, but they go above and beyond for their stuff.  It's rather incredible workmanship.  I'm not sure anybody cares more about vinyl and packaging than these guys.

4 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I know man, I was in the same boat.  My order didn't go through until some 4 hours later.  I was speaking with the label, and the demand simply crashed their server.  The spike in user activity was too much for their host to handle when it went live, hundreds of people hammering the site all at once trying to get stuff into their carts from all over the world.  I managed to get the last /10 and one of the regular /50 (which are almost gone now!) and thankfully CJ has the /160 regular edition over here, so I can snag that from him. 

I guess all of this speaks to their rise in popularity.  I didn't anticipate this kind of reaction from TRNA, because the band was totally unknown to me before Elusive Sound signed them.  I can't wait to hear the material on vinyl though, because Calm is absolutely stunning.  I'm not sure if you have any of their other releases, but they go above and beyond for their stuff.  It's rather incredible workmanship.  I'm not sure anybody cares more about vinyl and packaging than these guys.

Yeah, it was brutal. I also noticed there were a special prototype edition with test pressing included limited to two but it was out of stock and removed from the listings now.  Wonder how that looked like because pictures of the product was not even loaded.

I do not have any of their other releases, they simply didn't catch me. It is overshining that these guys really keep the focus on quality and details though, so totally deserve the hype about this TRNA stuff.

Also available here!  http://www.athousandarms.com/elusivesound/trna-lose-yourself-to-find-peace-obsidian-brume-edition-lp

20 hours ago, anchorlessbodies said:

Yeah, it was brutal. I also noticed there were a special prototype edition with test pressing included limited to two but it was out of stock and removed from the listings now.  Wonder how that looked like because pictures of the product was not even loaded.

I do not have any of their other releases, they simply didn't catch me. It is overshining that these guys really keep the focus on quality and details though, so totally deserve the hype about this TRNA stuff.

Yeah I saw that quickly before it was gone.  I think there was only 1 actually, but I could be wrong.  Do you you mean, though, that the other things released by Elusive Sound haven't interested you?  Because if you like TRNA i have to imagine you'd also *LOVE* Show Me A Dinosaur. 

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Also available here!  http://www.athousandarms.com/elusivesound/trna-lose-yourself-to-find-peace-obsidian-brume-edition-lp

Yeah I saw that quickly before it was gone.  I think there was only 1 actually, but I could be wrong.  Do you you mean, though, that the other things released by Elusive Sound haven't interested you?  Because if you like TRNA i have to imagine you'd also *LOVE* Show Me A Dinosaur. 

I did not join the hype around Show Me A Dinosaur, I mean there are pretty good ideas here and there but there is a lack of coherence and the songs are just not whole in my opinion. Cool vinyl color/packaging combination from Elusive Sound though but it was just not enough to pull the trigger.

On 8/13/2017 at 0:49 PM, anchorlessbodies said:

I did not join the hype around Show Me A Dinosaur, I mean there are pretty good ideas here and there but there is a lack of coherence and the songs are just not whole in my opinion. Cool vinyl color/packaging combination from Elusive Sound though but it was just not enough to pull the trigger.

you need to check out Glasir and Au Revoir though, it doesn't make sense to me that you'd like TRNA and not these other groups haha.  I Couldn't disagree more about Show Me A Dinosaur.  The songs are compact and effective, I love it. 

On 8/16/2017 at 10:00 PM, ghost said:

Someone should just start an Elusive Sound thread. They release some great stuff and I don't want to miss a thing.

Also, I second Au Revoir being amazing. 

That's not a bad idea....   because I know other people who would want to be in for the deluxe editions of their stuff.  So we'd have at least a couple people to always do group-buys. 

Are you planning on getting Blak, Ravena, and Silent Whale? 

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

That's not a bad idea....   because I know other people who would want to be in for the deluxe editions of their stuff.  So we'd have at least a couple people to always do group-buys. 

Are you planning on getting Blak, Ravena, and Silent Whale? 

Defnitely in for group buys! 

Are those some upcoming ES releases? I haven't heard of them yet. 

22 minutes ago, ghost said:

Defnitely in for group buys! 

Are those some upcoming ES releases? I haven't heard of them yet. 

Hollllllllllyyyyy fuuuuuuuuuck dude.  You don't know Silent Whale Becomes A Dream?!  omg.  Stop what you're doing and listen to this album:  https://silentwhale.bandcamp.com/album/canopy

Fucking legendary stuff.  But yes, those are all upcoming releases.  Silent Whale is a new one, but Ravena and BLAK are already-released albums.  Ravena's "Laocoon" was likely the best thing from 2016 for me, and BLAK's new one is fantastic as well.  I almost started a record label myself just to press the Ravena album because they only have like 400 likes on Facebook, but my god... the material.  It's somewhat darker and brooding post-rock.  Fantastic stuff, truly.

https://ravena.bandcamp.com/releases

On 8/18/2017 at 11:22 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

Hollllllllllyyyyy fuuuuuuuuuck dude.  You don't know Silent Whale Becomes A Dream?!  omg.  Stop what you're doing and listen to this album:  https://silentwhale.bandcamp.com/album/canopy

Fucking legendary stuff.  But yes, those are all upcoming releases.  Silent Whale is a new one, but Ravena and BLAK are already-released albums.  Ravena's "Laocoon" was likely the best thing from 2016 for me, and BLAK's new one is fantastic as well.  I almost started a record label myself just to press the Ravena album because they only have like 400 likes on Facebook, but my god... the material.  It's somewhat darker and brooding post-rock.  Fantastic stuff, truly.

https://ravena.bandcamp.com/releases

Dude this stuff is rad! I took some time sitting with Silent Whale and it's fantastic! I still haven't listened through Ravena because of the really long song lengths though haha.

On 8/25/2017 at 4:47 PM, ghost said:

Dude this stuff is rad! I took some time sitting with Silent Whale and it's fantastic! I still haven't listened through Ravena because of the really long song lengths though haha.

i fucking told you man, haha.  Silent Whale is fucking *incredible*.  Ravena is JUST as good.  The first 2 tracks are better than the back 2 in my opinion but those first 2 songs are just absolutely crushing.  Find some time, you'll thank me again haha