(P.O. Now!) Converge - The Dusk In Us (November 3rd)

Simple answer: Converge isn't just a band, they're artists.  They put their souls in what they do and it's very much what makes them special.  Can't wait to see this thing in person!

9 hours ago, 1876records said:

I don't understand how Converge continues to push the envelope, when most days it seems like there are no envelopes left. Best band on earth

Edited by doodguy666

4 hours ago, madoviashop said:

madoviashop.tictail.com/product/preorder-converge-the-dusk-in-us-color-vinyl

Still have couple Blue, Purple, and Indigo available..  Big Thanks for those that Supported !! 

http://madoviashop.tictail.com

Thanks!!!! Grabbed a blue, had been trying to find a green or orange, but blue will do.

10 hours ago, doodguy666 said:

Nah that's not how it works.  The same plant presses the whole pressing at once. It either wouldn't be delayed or the entire pressing would be delayed.

Actually, your logic does stand to reason but in this piecemeal economy and the relatively tiny industry of vinyl pressing, there are times when pressing plant orders are so pushed to the date of title release that if they can't get the full array of colorways completely pressed and in the hands of the label, they'll actually ship partial orders to their destination. So if one outlet is exclusively selling colors A and B and another outlet has C and D exclusives but only colors A and B are finished pressing (as it makes sense that the full quantity of a given color will likely be completed at press before another color is begun) and in the hands of the label at release time, those who ordered from the outlet selling colorways C and D experience a delay. Or it could be all sold at one outlet and if the color you purchased isn't in their hands due to pressing delays, you'll experience that delay.

Its the type of thing that shouldn't happen but as I said in the current landscape of rising vinyl demand and a relatively static and low-resource pressing industry, delays still happen sometimes even just between variants. Something like this happened with Deafheaven's New Bermuda if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

The best part is he wasn't even right.  I've received plenty "hey we got half the records in but are waiting on the other half to finish at the plant" delay emails from labels.

yep. prime example being the haze variant of the new august burns red album. all other (4) variants have shipped and we still don't know when we are receiving those...

5 hours ago, ethereal said:

if you're such an expert, why the fuck would you even ask?

Easy tiger.  You have a swell day there too.

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last but there's no reason to be a grade A dick about it.

Edited by doodguy666

16 minutes ago, wheresoulmeetsbody said:

do we think there will be a tour variant? never seen Converge and just moved to MA so i'm thinking about splurging on a stubhub ticket for their hometown show in December.

Probably the opaque green since it's listed as the "Converge Exclusive".