(P.O. Now!) Converge - The Dusk In Us (November 3rd)

37 minutes ago, tre said:

We've been in contact with the winners already.  

Hopefully they are down to post about winning on their socials (I hate saying socials...) and we will share their posts.

Totally unrelated but it looks like this LP is completely sold out on deathwishinc.com including black. Is that legit or does someone just need to turn up the quantity on the item on the back end of the listing on the site?

15 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Totally unrelated but it looks like this LP is completely sold out on deathwishinc.com including black. Is that legit or does someone just need to turn up the quantity on the item on the back end of the listing on the site?

there's still plenty of other sites and stores with it in stock for the same price or cheaper, including amazon 

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

there's still plenty of other sites and stores with it in stock for the same price or cheaper, including amazon 

I realize. Last I checked Deathwish had the cheapest shipping and they're probably the fastest but I'll probably just go with King's Road.

There's one Opaque Blue left here:  https://www.shugarecords.com/collections/new-vinyl/products/convergetheduskinus-newvinyl2017epitaphdeathwishdirectversiononopaquebluevinylwithhologramjacket28-pagebookletanddownloadlimitedto1000-hardcoremetalcore

About $34 shipped.  A little higher than what it was originally selling for at most spots, but better than what you'll find on eBay or Discogs I guess.

1 hour ago, djghost1976 said:

Even though this guy is a dick, there are more copies of the Opaque Blue up at Port Of Sound for a decent price:  https://portofsoundrecords.com/products/the-dusk-in-us

Thanks, I ordered a copy.

There was 1 store in NJ that got this variant - never heard of it before until Converge posted the variant store listings on their site and it turned out it was 5 miles from me.  I was pumped (not just for this release), but for the fact that they had to carry awesome music if they were carrying this and it was so close to home.  I  messaged the dude on facebook and then swung by at 6:30 pm on Friday night (release day) to pick it up....but the damn shop was closed!  I messaged the guy again on Sunday, he re-iterated his hours and that he still had a copy left so I immediately headed over to the shop....but the damn shop was closed again!  Needless to say, Sky Valley Records is on my shit list.  Rather than waste more gas to go see this guy's shop is closed, I just ordered it online.

I love this album and all but it leaves me a bitter taste after every time I listen to it (which have been about a million). I finally concluded it's the order of the songs. It's all messed up. I would start the album with Reptilian, not end it. And I would end it with Trigger/The Dusk in Us/Thousands Miles Between Us  in that order. 

But what do I know. It's just my view. Don't shoot me.

I'm also looking for a red, have a few items to trade, like a tour/band copy of the pg.99 doc#7 reissue, or cash. I'd do anything for the friends and family (anything). 

But can we talk about how awesome is the 28 page giant art/linernote/lyric book. Was glad they had that format with the Jane Doe re-issue (having the CD sleeve in the LP always a little disappointing). And glad they stuck to that format, especially with all the time Jake puts into the art.