PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

cant even begin to understand what they were thinking with this drop, haha.

A. after 8 years, just a random tuesday at noon. no info, no details, artwork, only "very limited" and $50
B. "sold out" in under 20 minutes, and stays that way for 2 hours with no communication from band
C. pops back up for a few minutes.
D. "sold out" again
E. second page pops up, "very limited" now changed to "limited to 5000" which is not "very limited"
F. "sold out" again for some, available for others.
G. second page disappears from site entirely
H. main site goes down
I. silence.
J. our download is available in june i guess?

Edited by borispreorderer

2 minutes ago, borispreorderer said:

cant even begin to understand what they were thinking with this drop, haha.

A. just a random tuesday at noon. no info, no details, artwork, only "very limited" and $50
B. "sold out" in under 20 minutes, and stays that way for 2 hours with no communication from band
C. pops back up for a few minutes.
D. "sold out" again
E. second page pops up, "very limited" now changed to "limited to 5000" which is not "very limited"
F. "sold out" again for some, available for others.
G. second page disappears from site entirely
H. main site goes down
I. silence.
J. our download is available in june i guess?

5000 is "not very limited" yeah who the fuck even are Brand New anyway?

3 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

While I understand that everyone wants fair warning because of FOMO, but just imagine how fucking terrible that site would have been if every one was there F5ing before it even went live.

theyre breaking up and an auxiliary merch company is handling these orders, they could have just done a timed sale and left it open all day as a pre-order and announced as such to alleviate panic stress on the servers, and thrown in a large initial pressing order just to get ahead of the game. seems like the inventory system was just broken here because of traffic/refreshing and it just bombed the whole site.  if this is their last record i dunno why theyd put a wall between their fans and their ability to run out the bands existence feeling like they were taken care of and looked out for.

i do this exact shit for a living and this was weird. 

10 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

While I understand that everyone wants fair warning because of FOMO, but just imagine how fucking terrible that site would have been if every one was there F5ing before it even went live.

Why didn't they send out a census beforehand to see who the biggest fans are? If you have the other 4 records framed on your wall, at least ONE of the EPs, the lyric book from TDAG, a shirt, and at least ONE poster they should have sent a secret side site link with a password so us TRUE FANS could place an order. 

Randomly dropping it gave everyone a chance and I for one think that's EXTREMELY fucked up.  I loved this band with all my heart but now im listening to Taking Back Sunday's first 2 albums because I'm fuckin' glad Jesse's girlfriend cheated on him back in the day. FUCK THIS BAND!