PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

1 minute ago, deafening said:

I don’t know what is better

1. Premature meltdowns in between the second, third, and possibly fourth times it was up.

2. Legitimately reading into a June download.

3. Kess 

The thread has contributed an astounding amount of worthwhile content in a really short time span, and then cooled down immediately.  I think we just made VC obsidian.

I'm impressed by how hegemonic Brand New's influence over their fans is. They don't have to use any aggressive marketing tactics or pressure and fans will trip over themselves to buy some very expensive merchandise with no info. Maybe I've been keeping poor track of things or I'm misreading the crowd but haven't the last few releases by the band been underwhelming, even by the standards of passionate fans? Have the last few EPs/singles been strong enough that there'd be a mass hysteria even without the forced scarcity and long lead-in times? Daisy was the last music I have heard from them and I thought it was a big drop off from TDAGARIM.

4 hours ago, DafTyler said:

If anyone has a copy to sell or trade dm me. I have seafoam green and the /666 devil and god id be willing to trade. 

Also this band is an asshole

I know it's a couple pages late but it's ridiculous that you're willing to trade a seafoam copy of TDAG for an album you have virtually no information about at all

I have never loved this band more than I do today. True masters of getting people to flip the fuck out. I hope you all get mailed a one-sided 12" with the 3 post-Daisy songs on it, and instructions to send a SASE & $1 bill to a PO box address.

Edited by AlexH.

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

I know it's a couple pages late but it's ridiculous that you're willing to trade a seafoam copy of TDAG for an album you have virtually no information about at all

Why the seafoam cost me less then this record would. This thing is fucking 90 CAD. 

But either way if it is out of 5000 ill just bide my time. 

just read 7 pages and I seriously can't tell if anyone that posted like or hates this band?! I know people think it was expensive without knowing what they are getting. They complained it's sold out but also complained that 5,000 isn't limited enough. A lot of people are really mad at paper bags?! I assume it's about the RSD Deja that came with different extras and different cover. I guess people don't like Daisy anymore.

I think they are great live and I enjoy their albums. If I have a chance to buy directly from the artists I do that. Most likely guilt from the gigs of Napster/limewire/IRC/Torrent downloads.  

5 hours ago, The Saint said:

That whole subreddit is cringeworthy. 

I had to unsubscribe. Couldn't deal with all the vinyl framed up on walls. Commented a couple times trying to point out the classic "plural of vinyl is vinyl" or tell people they should get those albums on a turntable and crank it loud, and got downvoted. Pretty immature reddit community.

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

Never got why people are so crazy about the seafoam variant when the original Academy Fight Song black pressing is even more rare (/200). I picked one up on ebay 3-ish years ago for $80 and never regretted that.