PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

7 minutes ago, deafening said:

This album is 3 days old.

How does that meme already look like it's been downloaded, saved in MS Paint and uploaded to photobucket 300 times?

Brand New's fanbase has the ability to destroy anything.

16 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

So many people actually seem to believe you can't tell. 

As a Brand New fan, I can say that Brand New's fanbase is wide and does not encompass the brightest individuals.  Look no further than day-after $400 CD sales and assumptions that we'll be getting a second album in October.

Just now, Derek™ said:

As a Brand New fan, I can say that Brand New's fanbase is wide and does not encompass the brightest individuals.  Look no further than day-after $400 CD sales and assumptions that we'll be getting a second album in October.

Still waiting on NATION. too ;)

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

You mean it’s not a 2xLP with Science Fiction on A/B and rare unreleased music only for us sooper fans on C/D?

Bullshit.

6 minutes ago, deafening said:

You mean it’s not a 2xLP with Science Fiction on A/B and rare unreleased music only for us sooper fans on C/D?

Bullshit.

The "relevant media" is the second album on C/D.  Includes the remaining 3 FOYD demos that haven't been remastered, the singles they've released and played live over the last few years, and some cuts that didn't make the A/B side.  Exclusive to the $45 version of the PO.  Not otherwise released.  Screencap this.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The "relevant media" is the second album on C/D.  Includes the remaining 3 FOYD demos that haven't been remastered, the singles they've released and played live over the last few years, and some cuts that didn't make the A/B side.  Exclusive to the $45 version of the PO.  Not otherwise released.  Screencap this.

Sarcasm aside, I would be beside myself if Nobody Moves was pressed.

Just now, deafening said:

Sarcasm aside, I would be beside myself if Nobody Moves was pressed.

The release of Science Fiction got myself and a good friend discussing Brand New again, and he admitted that he never got around to the FOYD demos, after all this time.  After persuading him to give them a shot, I decided to revisit them too – since it had been a while – and I'm pretty sure that Nobody Moves sits somewhere in the top 5 songs they've ever written.  I can only hope and pray that at some point in their future, they'll either get bored or decide they'd like more money, and press a polished version of it on 3 More Demos, Reworked.

1 hour ago, The Butcha said:

u4A1Z1A.png

This is a good joke that I wanted to share with others without having them believe I'm on Windows XP.  Cleaned it up a bit.

[edit]

We shouldn't give too much flack to ejc625 – my buddy just responded with "Is that confirmed?"

Edited by Derek™

Just now, ethereal said:

and they aren't even listening to them lol

I rest my case.  That's how you know they're a bigger fan than the rest of us – they're willing to shell out for the CD to mount on the wall.  Can't compete with a true fan like that.  Time to turn in your BN-fanboy badges... it was a good run, but the show's over.  Go home and call it a night.

2 minutes ago, Daiei said:

Everyone's favorite track?

"In The Water" takes it for me overall, but "Waste" and "Same Logic" are the tracks that really set the mood/vibe for the album.

Overall, excellent release. Brand New slay again.

Either Desert or 451. The only standout in a negative way is Could Never Be Heaven.