PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

Finally had the chance to give this a good listen this week and, man, its lives up to the hype and is weirdly accessible ( especially in comparison to Daisy, which I also love), to the extent that I think it gets not only a Pitchfork review, but the exceptionally rare (for an "emo" band) Best New Music score.

29 minutes ago, DafTyler said:

Pitchfork is trash  

I am aware this is a common opinion. I do not share it - I find out about a lot of good music I probably wouldn't otherwise hear about through Pitchfork and other similar sites. I was more saying that it seems to have an appeal that I can see Pitchfork responding to even where other recent "emo" albums with a similar appeal (Goodness, for instance) didn't quite get that "seal of approval", not that Brand New wants or even needs it. Then again, I thought the same thing when Devil and God came out, so who knows. 

10 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

I am aware this is a common opinion. I do not share it - I find out about a lot of good music I probably wouldn't otherwise hear about through Pitchfork and other similar sites. I was more saying that it seems to have an appeal that I can see Pitchfork responding to even where other recent "emo" albums with a similar appeal (Goodness, for instance) didn't quite get that "seal of approval", not that Brand New wants or even needs it. Then again, I thought the same thing when Devil and God came out, so who knows. 

I used to read Pitchfork in college when I didn't know any better, but replaced it with Consequence of Sound once I discovered them, they review the same stuff plus more and are much more level headed and agenda-less. I'd recommend checking them out. 

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

I'm wondering if having chosen Media Mail for the limited vinyl is what may be holding up the CD.  Hmmmmmm.  

I had media mail for the second wave of limited vinyl preorder and got my CD the next day (last thursday )  Hope you luck out though dude!

Edited by njpunkmusic

1 hour ago, dawhizz said:

Did anyone who ordered in the first wave get CDs? I feel like it's been mostly second wave. 

apparently purchases made through paypal linked to your bank account, using your bank account money are actually Echecks and take longer to clear out. Cds will ship once the payment officially goes through, so will the digital download.