PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

"Hi Eros, I am yet to confirm with the label. We were originally allocated 500 of the white LP. We have since been advised we will be getting another 300 more. Our total we will be selling is 800. Im assuming it will be limited to 1000 however we need to confirm with the label and it may take some time to get an answer. Thank you for your patience." 

Edited by Multiverse

If you don't end up getting a CD with this pre-order, you must obtain all possible variants to maintain a tier-3 ranking of Brand New fandom.  Anything less than that and you can get the fuck out of this thread.  $75 AUD is a drop in the bucket if you stop and really think about it.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

If you don't end up getting a CD with this pre-order, you must obtain all possible variants to maintain a tier-3 ranking of Brand New fandom.  Anything less than that and you can get the fuck out of this thread.  $75 AUD is a drop in the bucket if you stop and really think about it.

Yeah, that's at most 1 of the 2 discs of a rare pressing of TDAG 

After paying over $50 for the "limited" vinyl and not receiving the CD that most everyone has who ordered it by now, it makes me wonder if those who didn't get a CD in the mail might be getting something else...wishful thinking maybe but what the hell did I pay all that money for and still didn't a CD in the mail...just a thought

15 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

yeah, I didn't even get the limited vinyl, so had no chance on the cd. but thanks for the concerns, though.

Lighten up friendo.  The big draw with the CD right now is that - for the time being - it appears to be the hot commodity separating the majority of us from those who paid half a hundred bucks and got something more to show for it.  That is the perception.  Nobody wants to feel like they were left out – if I paid $50, you paid $50, and Joe-Shmoe paid $50, but Joe and I received additional content that you didn't, you wouldn't care at all?

Point two: your first post implied that this is a dime-a-dozen CD.  Which clearly isn't the case.  They're each individually unique in some minor way, because they're each hand-assembled and numbered.  Pretty cool for a band that's established a loyal, cultish following for the past 20 years and are (supposedly) on the verge of ending their run.

Point three.  Other people think that's pretty cool too, and are willing to pay $200-$400 for it. That alone makes it desirable to a lot of people, whether they plan to sell it or not.

Edited by Derek™

10 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Finally had the chance to give this a good listen this week and, man, its lives up to the hype and is weirdly accessible ( especially in comparison to Daisy, which I also love), to the extent that I think it gets not only a Pitchfork review, but the exceptionally rare (for an "emo" band) Best New Music score.

Yup. 8.3 + BNM