PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

4 hours ago, suchashorttime said:

In the name of compiling information: I was able to snag a "limited vinyl" during round 2 last night. My receipt came in late, but only mentions "limited vinyl" and download, and did not include "relevant media" like the OG purchases. 

I too managed to snag one last night since I missed out last Tuesday (that's what I get for taking a vacation).

I'd like to point out that when you go into your order details on PMT, there's an additional line that very well could be the "relevant media" that was in everyone's order during the first wave. Maybe it's wishful thinking:

yAaR1Jq.jpg

4 minutes ago, freezeflash said:

I'd like to point out that when you go into your order details on PMT, there's an additional line that very well could be the "relevant media" that was in everyone's order during the first wave. Maybe it's wishful thinking:

Pretty sure even the standard black vinyl shows an extra inventory line when you order it.

I think people are making a bigger deal of the "Relevant Media" thing than it deserves - honestly, it was likely a placeholder name that was put in place when the store was first setup and details were vague. Also remember that there was mentions of downloads being "available in June." All of the line items, source code, etc, has seemed like a mess.

Edited by lethalenforcer

Perhaps the nicest part of this release is that there is a clear balance between Jesse's and Vin's writing. I'm willing to bet that most of the "Deja sounding" songs were Jesse's, while the darker songs and the interludes are most likely Vin's brainchildren. Meanwhile, songs like Same Logic/Teeth and 137 seem to be a nice mix of both of their styles.  

5 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I'm really surprised more flippers don't just open physical stores like this douchenozzle

https://portofsoundrecords.com/products/science-fiction

Looks like a real store based on my lazy google search? I copped one. Only like $10 more than from Bull Moose...

6 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I'm really surprised more flippers don't just open physical stores like this douchenozzle

https://portofsoundrecords.com/products/science-fiction

I seriously hate this guy.  Unfortunately, he goes have a lot of stuff in his store when I go there - so I have succumbed to buying stuff (usually at normal prices).  But he's the worst as far as upping prices on bigger releases.

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

The guy who runs that store is a piece of garbage who hikes up prices to flipper levels at times.

Ah, so just a gouging retail shop. When I read your post I jumped to the conclusion that it was just some jabroni operating a web shop in the image of a retail business, but flipping shit he bought elsewhere. Thanks for the followup.