PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

1 hour ago, freezeflash said:

I too managed to snag one last night since I missed out last Tuesday (that's what I get for taking a vacation).

I'd like to point out that when you go into your order details on PMT, there's an additional line that very well could be the "relevant media" that was in everyone's order during the first wave. Maybe it's wishful thinking:

yAaR1Jq.jpg

My order says Relevant Media and has the Limited Vinyl and I still haven't received a CD. I ordered during the second wave at 12:42 central time.

51 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I'm really surprised more flippers don't just open physical stores like this douchenozzle

Basically what that Limited to One store is in NYC. Been advertised all over the place here. Figured it would be slightly higher prices but once I saw a copy of Nothing's Poshlost sealed for $40-something, Brand New records for $200-$400, and sealed VMP records for significantly higher prices, I noped the hell out of there (wish I had better examples off the top of my head). The sealed stuff pissed me off because it made their intentions pretty clear. You can find most of the stuff on Discogs for cheaper, but maybe it's just that I don't cave into instant gratification like others. You'll probably find the Australian variant of this on their shelves for $90 the day they get it in.  Almost sold stuff to the guy too, but now I'm glad we couldn't reach an agreement. 

Or maybe it's just me cause most people seem to think the prices are pretty fair.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, xfactor675 said:

interesting new infos on propably the standard one.

http://www.pieandvinyl.co.uk/music/brand-new-science-fiction-released-13th-october/

£30.99 – Deluxe Hardback Book style Sleeve x 2 LP

The vinyl edition will be in a deluxe hardback sleeve.

I'm thinking this will be the nature of the og preorder. Something special like that with a pogolith or some other stuff.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Fuck yeah.  Those deluxe, hardcover editions with expanded liner notes and additional bells, whistles, art, etc. are definitely my jam.  Hoping that's exactly what the "Limited" edition is.  A separate variant would be cool as well but it's not something that's 100% necessary.

I hope it isn't... that may motivate me to pay dumbass aftermarket prices :P

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Fuck yeah.  Those deluxe, hardcover editions with expanded liner notes and additional bells, whistles, art, etc. are definitely my jam.  Hoping that's exactly what the "Limited" edition is.  A separate variant would be cool as well but it's not something that's 100% necessary.

I think this is safe. The details say that the artwork is by Morning Breath, but we know the cover is a stock photo that was used by another band. I'm hoping for something original in the screen printing realm. 

7 minutes ago, suchashorttime said:

I think this is safe. The details say that the artwork is by Morning Breath, but we know the cover is a stock photo that was used by another band. I'm hoping for something original in the screen printing realm. 

Yup. and morning breath's style is cartooned and more wacky/busy. Definitely not the creators of the stock art we know now.

https://morningbreath.myshopify.com/

Edited by rooks