PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

9 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Thanks for the tip. Fingers crossed that BM will actually be able to fulfill their orders. I was hesitant about purchasing through other shops and having to deal with cancellations.

So the "features artwork created by Morning Breath" is a "feature" on the general product page.  There's no way at all that this artist / company could have also taken (and-or edited) the same photo used by Brand New and that random Bandcamp project?  Just seems weird that they'd include that in the general product features across the board, if it truly only applied to the limited edition, you know?  But everything about that listing and receipt has been super wonky, either way.

What do you guys think?  Deluxe featuring a different cover that's more illustrated, and the remaining versions (indie, white, etc.) using the standard art we've had for the last week?  Seems plausible to me.

20 minutes ago, rooks said:

Damn you guys are nuts. I'm just sitting here cd-less still semi-confident that the 20 extra bucks I spent on the "limited" version will come through and give me the best variant. I only need 1 copy haha.

I'm in the same boat.  I'm digging the blue/red variant but I only need/want one copy of the album.  Here's to holding out hope the limited is cool.

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

So the "features artwork created by Morning Breath" is a "feature" on the general product page.  There's no way at all that this artist / company could have also taken (and-or edited) the same photo used by Brand New and that random Bandcamp project?  Just seems weird that they'd include that in the general product features across the board, if it truly only applied to the limited edition, you know?  But everything about that listing and receipt has been super wonky, either way.

What do you guys think?  Deluxe featuring a different cover that's more illustrated, and the remaining versions (indie, white, etc.) using the standard art we've had for the last week?  Seems plausible to me.

Just wanted to say it's cool to get your opinions on this record and the packaging instead of your typical replies. With that being said, the deluxe hardback book style does sound awesome. Not sure if I want a different edition of the artwork for the deluxe edition or not. I'm still really happy with the standard/retail cover. I'm hoping it comes out similar to the photo book edition of the new Manchester Orchestra album. 

2 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Just wanted to say it's cool to get your opinions on this record and the packaging instead of your typical replies. With that being said, the deluxe hardback book style does sound awesome. Not sure if I want a different edition of the artwork for the deluxe edition or not. I'm still really happy with the standard/retail cover. I'm hoping it comes out similar to the photo book edition of the new Manchester Orchestra album. 

I'm not 100% what you're getting at since there's a ton of shitposting in every Brand New thread – we're at 40 pages after just one week – but I feel like I usually end up nerding out with other users in legitimate discussions on releases we're passionate about.  To the point where we're questioned whether or not we have lives, actually.  I occasionally elaborate on my thoughts on albums, themselves, but it's typically only after I've digested some thorough listens – I'll probably share those in due time, in this thread, but I've only listened to the record 4-5 times at most so far.  It's felt like a decade since I was able to sit down with a Brand New record and not know what was around every corner.  There's something extra appealing about the "mystery" of the record before it truly unfurls and I'm able to identify every line from every song, you know?  I'm trying to make that last as long as I can since we're almost guaranteed to never get that opportunity again, with this band.

Regarding the art – I really like what we've been given, too.  No qualms with it regardless of the origins.  Maybe it sounds cheesy but I really like how it's a really nice balance of dark and night time, but still retains a lot of light and dashes of color.  Representative of the album and the themes it balances, in my opinion.

49 minutes ago, rooks said:

Damn you guys are nuts. I'm just sitting here cd-less still semi-confident that the 20 extra bucks I spent on the "limited" version will come through and give me the best variant. I only need 1 copy haha.

More than happy with indie version here. I'm by no means a Brand New fanboy though. Still don't dig Daisy and this album is still only good in my opinion. Someday I may grab Daisy just so I've got all of them, but that's way down the line.

6 minutes ago, Holo said:

Why is the /1000 white easier to get than the /5000 indie what the hell?

because the 1000 white is at one place. and the 5000 are seperated who knows how many indie store with low stock per store rate. it's easy.

Edited by xfactor675

29 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I'm not 100% what you're getting at since there's a ton of shitposting in every Brand New thread – we're at 40 pages after just one week – but I feel like I usually end up nerding out with other users in legitimate discussions on releases we're passionate about.  To the point where we're questioned whether or not we have lives, actually.  I occasionally elaborate on my thoughts on albums, themselves, but it's typically only after I've digested some thorough listens – I'll probably share those in due time, in this thread, but I've only listened to the record 4-5 times at most so far.  It's felt like a decade since I was able to sit down with a Brand New record and not know what was around every corner.  There's something extra appealing about the "mystery" of the record before it truly unfurls and I'm able to identify every line from every song, you know?  I'm trying to make that last as long as I can since we're almost guaranteed to never get that opportunity again, with this band.

Regarding the art – I really like what we've been given, too.  No qualms with it regardless of the origins.  Maybe it sounds cheesy but I really like how it's a really nice balance of dark and night time, but still retains a lot of light and dashes of color.  Representative of the album and the themes it balances, in my opinion.

Maybe I'm just visiting the wrong threads then because I hardly ever see you geek out with the rest of us. That's really all I was saying.