PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

50 minutes ago, mr. sincere said:

It was a long time ago and I don't quite remember the order of events, but I believe the first batch had the sticker on the cover itself and then later distributions had it on the plastic sleeve.

But regardless, there are absolutely copies with the sticker on the cover. I own two. 

I was not aware of that. Were you able to remove them with a blow dryer or something? 

3 minutes ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

I was not aware of that. Were you able to remove them with a blow dryer or something? 

I didn't try, to be honest. Didn't care too much and then ended up getting one of the Triple Crown pressings so it didn't matter anyway. Pretty sure many others used the blow drying method, though, with various results.

12 hours ago, Kanellos said:

Stick to the Triple Crown Pressings. MOV's are pretty bad pressings and they have the stupid sticker on the cover.

5 hours ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

Have a clear, my gf has it on black. We listened to both multiple times and none have any issues whatsoever.

How many MOV pressings do you own? I'm not saying they're the best thing ever, but I have around 30ish releases of theirs and none had any problems whatsoever.  Also the sticker is not on the cover, it's on the resealable outer sleeve.

Yeah...gotta go with E Jr. on this. If you're specifically referring to only the MOV press of this album, I had heard there were problems. MOV in general usually puts out solid product though. I always get a little excited when I hear they're re-issuing something because it will usually be better than what is out there.

2 minutes ago, alburrito said:

You nerds are still talking about this album? It's been a week, that's a year in internet time. Move on.

people on previous page discuss sticker on tdag cover.  so we'll be here for quite a while

Edited by ASSARTOSE

3 minutes ago, alburrito said:

You nerds are still talking about this album? It's been a week, that's a year in internet time. Move on.

You're clearly new to the concept of Brand New threads on the boards, but that's okay.  This topic will probably break 100 pages minimum, and remain active for a good while.  Especially come October.  General forum etiquette also suggests that you don't go into popular threads and tell people to cease discussion.  Buckle up or piss off; those are really your two options here.

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

You're clearly new to the concept of Brand New threads on the boards, but that's okay.  This topic will probably break 100 pages minimum, and remain active for a good while.  Especially come October.  General forum etiquette also suggests that you don't go into popular threads and tell people to cease discussion.  Buckle up or piss off; those are really your two options here.

It brought me out of VC retirement. I may not be the biggest Brand New fanboy, but I sure do know a good show when I see one!

I had a first press TDAG from Triple Crown, I had a purple Academy Fight Song, and a Clear MOV.  I sold the prior in favor of the MOV.  There is such a short skip on Luca, but IMO it sounds much better than the other two.   I don't think there was a sticker on mine, but some had it on the sleeve others on the shrink.  TDAG MOV is the way to go. 

Welp, I pulled the trigger on the white AUS variant. I mean what is 56 dollars, anyway? ...I feel like that's pretty close to what the Coheed reissues cost and those were domestic. It's basically a dinner out with the old lady and not even a nice one. Like just 3 beers at a Dodgers game. what-evs. Not sure how accurate it is, but it's showing there is only 16 more in-stock.