PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

19 minutes ago, rooks said:

I stand by my opinion that all successful limited POs will get the CD. This was posted today on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/brandnew/comments/6vrqo2/woke_up_to_this_notification_on_my_usps/

I'd like to think so, but I'll believe it when I see it.

1 hour ago, rooks said:

I stand by my opinion that all successful limited POs will get the CD. This was posted today on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/brandnew/comments/6vrqo2/woke_up_to_this_notification_on_my_usps/

1 hour ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I'd like to think so, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah, I'm in NJ and I feel like I would have gotten it if it were coming my way at this point. But here's hoping. 

I saw a CD shaped package on my porch today and got really excited. Upon picking it up, I remembered that I ordered a copy of the Ghost World soundtrack for my car, it was bittersweet. 

5 minutes ago, Multiverse said:

Yeah, I'm in NJ and I feel like I would have gotten it if it were coming my way at this point. But here's hoping. 

I saw a CD shaped package on my porch today and got really excited. Upon picking it up, I remembered that I ordered a copy of the Ghost World soundtrack for my car, it was bittersweet. 

hate to say it dude, but I too live in NJ and got my cd the day after pre-ordering.  I got my fingers crossed for you though my friend

10 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

If they haven't shipped them all then it doesn't matter what state you are in. You can't receive  what hasn't been shipped.

Apparently you shouldn't bring logic into this Dan. I live an hour from Plainview and don't have a CD. The CDs are out of 500. The records are out of 500. Not even brand new can sell 5000 records in 36 minutes. 

They just didn't ship them all. Or a pallet of them are trapped in PA based on the comments in that reddit thread. 

Edited by rooks

Just now, rooks said:

Apparently you shouldn't bring logic into this Dan. I live in hour from Plainview and don't have a CD. The CDs are out of 500. The records are out of 500. Not even brand new can sell 5000 records in 36 minutes. 

They just didn't ship them all. Or a pallet of them are trapped in PA based on the comments in that reddit thread. 

I have a PA tracking number thats trapped, but I'm pretty sure it's the mewithoutyou PO as someone else said they have the same thing and PO'd that as well.

4 minutes ago, museummouth said:

I have a PA tracking number thats trapped, but I'm pretty sure it's the mewithoutyou PO as someone else said they have the same thing and PO'd that as well.

Could be, who knows. I'd be more convinced if I saw anywhere that more than 500 were sold. The reddit has like 17000 subscribers. The poll that was on the front page asking who preordered never passed like 300 the last I saw it. I would expect it to pass at least 500 considering Reddit and here were 2 of the main places that saw it before it sold out.

Edit: looked it up maybe I'm wrong, it's at 485 now. But, you could answer it more than once. As I just did to see the results. Oh well we shall see.

Edited by rooks

32 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

If they haven't shipped them all then it doesn't matter what state you are in. You can't receive  what hasn't been shipped.

Yeah, there's too little information for me to go down the rabbit hole of guesstimating how they might possibly be shipping these out/how many. If it shows up, that's cool--if it doesn't, I hope the LE is worth the extra $$. 

Edited by Multiverse

As far as the CD goes I really think it's been pretty random. I ordered the second it went up during round 2 and I got one in Texas two days later. I do feel like most of them are probably sent out by now though. I've never received anything cool and sought after like this so it's pretty cool but those prices are for sure making me wonder if I'd be better off selling. I can't believe people are paying that much.

Everyone holding out hope for a cd reminds me of that good ol' Shone experiment. I held out hope for stuff that was getting sent out randomly in the mail for way too long and got my hopes destroyed day after day. It was cool that the first song was found by a fellow VCer and he shared it here first.

Why not make this a book of a post? Gotta catch up on those 47 pages. 

I got the "very limited" or whatever vinyl from the band and the indie exclusive pretty early on from Bullmoose so it's been really nice not having to watch this thread like a hawk. I haven't had the best of luck with preorders lately (that's what I get for being away from the boards for so long) so it's a nice change of pace.

As far as the album goes I think it's up there with Daisy and TDAG and MAYBE my fav of theirs. I'm really trying to limit my listens though because I don't want to get burned out too quickly on what seems to be their last release.

Top tracks are "Lit Me Up" "Same Logic/Teeth" "137" "Out of Mana" "In The Water" and "451" in no particular order. The others are okay but remind me a little too much of older BN and that's not really my favorite. "Batter Up" and "Desert" are right in the middle for me.

Edited by justin_cole12

I will not be able to enjoy a CD that's worth nearly $500 

You're definitely not in the wrong for contemplating selling it

I'll probably pick up the standard CD pressing for when my i-pod dies in the car and see how I feel on the variants etc, I haven't purchased variants like this in years

This whole thing has made me feel a dumb kind of nostalgic 

50 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

As far as the album goes I think it's up there with Daisy and TDAG and MAYBE my fav of theirs. I'm really trying to limit my listens though because I don't want to get burned out too quickly on what seems to be their last release.

I think this might be my favorite, as well. 

I'm becoming less worried about getting burned out. I have listened to all their albums since this was released, and I still love them as much as I did when they were released. 

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, danmpie7 said:

The more and more I replay this album, I can't help but notice how much I enjoy the entire thing. It flows so well. Even if you play it on shuffle, it all sounds like it should be together on the same album. My personal favorites right now, as if anyone will care anyway is; Same Logic/Teeth, Waste, and 451. I don't get why 451 is getting so much flack. It's like almost impossible not to turn the volume up more when it comes on. 

I also love 451.  It almost sounds like an indie Aerosmith song (not a criticism).  That solo is straight Joe Perry.