PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

4 hours ago, stl_ben said:

There are record stores in the same city as me that can easily take 30+ minutes to get to...

I used to have to drive about an hour to get to my local record store.

So sure, if you are more than an hour away from a record store, then Ill accept when you say you don't have any local shops .

($40 in gas implies more like a 10 hour round trip drive).

A 10 hour trip in a soup can with wheels on it. I got a manly ass truck that chugs gas and supports The Petrodollar Wars, Jr.

truck002.jpg

So today I put an offer in on a house (fingers crossed.)

With that being said; Im selling my limited CD copy as well as some other vinyl I'll be posting soon.  If anyone is interested in it, please let me know.  Im not looking for the $350 they go for on eBay, but I am looking to make a decent amount that would almost come close to that after fees.  I'll take it to eBay if need be, but telling you guys first who are actually really looking for it but hesitant on eBay prices.  Never opened.  Just shoot me an offer.  Downgrade me or give me negative points, thats fine.  Just throwing this out there before eBay.

20 minutes ago, njpunkmusic said:

With that being said; Im selling my limited CD copy as well as some other vinyl I'll be posting soon.  If anyone is interested in it, please let me know.  Im not looking for the $350 they go for on eBay, but I am looking to make a decent amount that would almost come close to that after fees.  I'll take it to eBay if need be, but telling you guys first who are actually really looking for it but hesitant on eBay prices.  Never opened.  Just shoot me an offer.  Downgrade me or give me negative points, thats fine.  Just throwing this out there before eBay.

good luck on the house, very exciting! who gives a shit if people give you crap, if people want to spend that much on a CD that aint your fault! Not like you knew you were getting it and trying to flip it. 

15 hours ago, njpunkmusic said:

Congrats man! Where's the house? I'm in the process too.

Edited by suchashorttime

32 minutes ago, bluescreenlife said:

Time to spin up the thread again, boys.  Looks like meat's back on the menu.

On 8/27/2017 at 2:23 PM, highfives said:

Track two verse is literally In The Garage.  You can sing the lyrics to In The Garage over the song.

well sure, if you sing different words in a different key to different notes.

Cant Get It Out Verse is G# to C and then throwing in a high D# on some variations
In The Garage verse is B to C# to a low D#

I don't really frequent Reddit, and just rely on you guys to funnel the pertinent info into this thread.  That being said, I thank you and appreciate you.

I'm sure this only fuels the "double album" fire that fans have been trying to kindle for a while now.  Could this pertain to the mysterious "relevant media"?  I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that they've withheld tracks or demos from the last 8 years, and I also don't think it's too wild to consider that they may want to eventually release that music without it being a part of their "final statement" as a band.  Look no further than some of the live stuff that's never seen a proper release – in particular they've been doing a purely instrumental 8 minute track as an encore in recent years, and I would absolutely love to see it be officially released at some point.

Could this be another pre-order to scramble for and shed blood over?  Or maybe something less significant, like an official "we're over, it's been real, thanks" announcement?  Or as speculated above, perhaps worldwide tour dates as a final sendoff?

Whatever the case may be, Brand New has always been a bit of a troll band.  We tolerate it because we crave new music, and the wait and hoops tend to be worth enduring or jumping through.  Since they've graced us with such a solid output, I sort of feel as though they may have a lot more trolling to do, now.  The balance must be maintained.

29 minutes ago, borispreorderer said:

well sure, if you sing different words in a different key to different notes.

Cant Get It Out Verse is G# to C and then throwing in a high D# on some variations
In The Garage verse is B to C# to a low D#

The progression is similar. (Distance between the main notes is the same, not considering transition notes).

Using a crappy online tempo tool, 98 Weezer, 96 Brand New. 

Vocal melodies vary, somewhat similar initially. 

Yes, the words are different. 

As a musician, they didn't rip anyone off, and I don't think anyone really thinks they did. It's just similar and fun to discuss. 

18 minutes ago, ryantark said:

As a musician, they didn't rip anyone off, and I don't think anyone really thinks they did. It's just similar and fun to discuss. 

mostly my reply was in reference to "literally", because its not. if we were to go through the world of music and find every midtempo song that had a two note verse where the 2nd note was two steps up from the first, wed have to build a new forum.

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Is there anyone who'd keep and appreciate the CD if it showed up?  It'd be cool if the band sent out a rare piece of memorabilia and not just an envelope with a few hundred bills stuffed inside.

I think if the secondary market was weak I'd 100% keep it, hell if it was around $75 I'd probably keep it, but I'd feel foolish to not sell it.  I know this isn't the case with everyone, but I need to be realistic. 

Now, if the "bonus" item was them signing the LP for the preorders there's no way I'd sell. 

Also, digging your signature.  I'm usually on mobile, don't know how new it is, but rad stuff man.