PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

1 minute ago, njpunkmusic said:

everyone has to get the CD.  What else could the relevant media be then??  Please no speculations, take that cryptic stuff to reddit or chorus 

So you're asking what else the relevant media could be but don't want anyone's speculation on the matter? 

43 minutes ago, njpunkmusic said:

As in I'm not expecting anything else, the relevant media has got to be the CD.

Relevant media could actually be anything, a pogolith zine could very well count as "relevant media." I really do not believe that the limited edition record was /500-- given that the CDs are /500, it definitely seems like not everyone is going to get a CD and those who did may get extra content

Really, that's totally alright--all of us crazy people spent $50 on an album with absolutely no details whatsoever, I never purchased (/500 cd+limited edition fifth album) 

This isn't something that's out of the ordinary for these dudes, at this point I'll just be happy if my limited edition doesn't come in a paper bag--the bar is set pretty low

1 hour ago, zacooper said:

Guess I'll stop holding my breath for a cd to show up. Reached out to PMT regarding my "Limited vinyl" order and to see if I should be expecting a cd and got the following response:

"Hello, the Science Fiction album you purchased is on pre-order and will ship in October as stated in the product description. You will receive tracking via email when it ships. We do not know the exact day in October it will ship. We are not associated with any CDs previously shipped. Sorry I can't help you more with that!"

I made this post on Reddit because they needed the fine print pointed out, but I think I need to post it here as well. If you're emailing the people who sent your pre-order confirmation ([email protected]), they aren't involved with the CD's and honestly don't have any idea. The CDs are coming direct from someone with PMT I believe.

The best part is reddit actually believes that PMT! is receiving direct orders from Brand New to fuck with us with these CD's.

Roughly 180 have been logged and adding a cushion for those who do not use reddit/VC or those who chose not to update the doc; that probably leaves ~half accounted for. That means, shocker, half may not have been mailed out yet. I did read somewhere Zach(k?) confirmed all CD's were sent, but I saw no source for that.

The real philosophical question here is why do we care about a compact disc?

1 minute ago, deafening said:

The best part is reddit actually believes that PMT! is receiving direct orders from Brand New to fuck with us with these CD's.

Roughly 180 have been logged and adding a cushion for those who do not use reddit/VC or those who chose not to update the doc; that probably leaves ~half accounted for. That means, shocker, half may not have been mailed out yet. I did read somewhere Zach(k?) confirmed all CD's were sent, but I saw no source for that.

The real philosophical question here is why do we care about a compact disc?

Availability and subsequently it's monetary value seems to be the general consensus 

I mean, I'm not throwing shade but peeps are literally selling the thing off to help with payments on a house 

I think a lot of people want it hugely in part because they feel its owed since they paid the same amount, presumably at the same time

which while somewhat fair is still kind of silly considering what was included in the description of what we paid for

1 minute ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Because we're all fucking insane?

Well yeah, definitely this

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

I went into the specifics on why the CD would be cool to own, outside of the obvious and instant "oh hey cool someone can now give me $300" factor.

I'm still leaning towards the suspicion that myself (and all other "limited orders") aren't guaranteed a CD at this point, but I still want to believe.

Yeah, I'm not going to be able to enjoy that thing knowing it's worth. When I had the first press of Deja, I spun it a few times but I was always paranoid of fucking something up or like dinging a corner or something. 

It definitely is cool, but personally, I'd enjoy it a lot more if it had absolutely no value whatsoever. 

(Not that I can't enjoy things that are worth $$, but collector-y stuff like comics, records, etc being worth a lot definitely hinders my level of enjoyment)

What if.

The "relevant media" is another CD.  But this one is housed somewhere inside the fancy deluxe / hardcover edition of the "limited" vinyl.  It contains Sealed To Me, and a slew of other cuts the band recorded over the last 8 years but opted to withhold from SciFi.  And it never sees a separate release outside of the day-1, limited vinyl edition?

I'd be into it.  Blood would be shed.

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

What if.

The "relevant media" is another CD.  But this one is housed somewhere inside the fancy deluxe / hardcover edition of the "limited" vinyl.  It contains Sealed To Me, and a slew of other cuts the band recorded over the last 8 years but opted to withhold from SciFi.  And it never sees a separate release outside of the day-1, limited vinyl edition?

I'd be into it.  Blood would be shed.

Don't worry I'll sell 192kbps rips of it. 

33 minutes ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

Who do they think they are, SRC? :lol:

I can't count the amount of times I've seen "Few left in stock" "Pre-order ASAP!!!!!" and "VERY LIMITED" in SRC emails.

They even said in their recent email regarding Science Fiction retail preorders that they don't think many got pressed so better hurry and reserve yours! 

8 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Considering the product had a note about downloads being available in June I've thrown the relevance of "relevant media" out tha window.

I didn't order the "very limited" bundle so all I know is what I saw posted here. But the way I interpreted it when I first saw it was:

The Very Limited Vinyl +

Relevant Media (the digital download) 

The June date easily could have been from earlier this year and they released SCI-FI later than they planned. Or a just random time frame because they didn't want people to know the album was dropping that Friday.