PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

47 minutes ago, The Real Nick Alt said:

"Unfortunately, due to limited inventory, we are unable to fulfill your order for the Science Fiction B&N Exclusive Edition. As a result, we have cancelled this item from your order. Please be assured that you will not be billed for this portion of your order."

:(

1 hour ago, highfives said:

Not to play defender, as they're complicit or even guilty in some cases, but UO doesn't really make anything.  They have vendors which they buy products from.  But because most of everything is sold without implying what vendor it may have come from, it looks like UO ripped off some artist.

Should they check more thoroughly for that stuff?  Yes.  But the responsibility really lies with the vendor to not be a piece of shit and rip off indie artists.

The responsibility lies throughout the entire chain of ripping off, not just with the person who did the original rip.

I dont think Ive listened to an album this intensely in years. 

This might be a little premature but I think this album might be the greatest  album I've listened to in about 10 years...

I'm not one of those people who thinks a band can do no wrong either, if this was shit, id say it. 

Bravo Brand New, this is truly a work of art. 

Finally listened to this album. I've been a fan of the band since Deja came out. Every time they release a new album I'm shocked with how different is sounds than the previous ones, but am impressed. But unfortunately this one does nothing for me. Had a hard time even getting through it I was so bored. I will never choose this album when I'm in the mood to listen to Brand New. 

3 minutes ago, kylet said:

Finally listened to this album. I've been a fan of the band since Deja came out. Every time they release a new album I'm shocked with how different is sounds than the previous ones, but am impressed. But unfortunately this one does nothing for me. Had a hard time even getting through it I was so bored. I will never choose this album when I'm in the mood to listen to Brand New. 

I felt this way too, but gave it several more listens and it started to stick. the last album of theirs I could get in to was TDAG, so I took into account the 10 years of style change and tried to look at it as not Brand New but a something new. 

25 minutes ago, konk said:

I think it's pretty good. Listened a few times, then revisited Daisy. Daisy is growing on me, but still my least favorite.

same thing here since 2 weeks i finally got into Your Favorite weapon which i actually hated and Daisy which i like but didnt feel passionate about.

also, am i the only jerk who still waits, fingers crossed, for a CD in the mail? Otherwise i am really curious what my 80 CAD$ bought me.. i know BN have been kinda good to their fanbase even though its a little bigger than what they can manage but this whole super limited thing is driving me nuts

3 hours ago, dirtydebutant said:

same thing here since 2 weeks i finally got into Your Favorite weapon which i actually hated and Daisy which i like but didnt feel passionate about.

also, am i the only jerk who still waits, fingers crossed, for a CD in the mail? Otherwise i am really curious what my 80 CAD$ bought me.. i know BN have been kinda good to their fanbase even though its a little bigger than what they can manage but this whole super limited thing is driving me nuts

Pretty sure the CDs are a done deal by now.  Also pretty sure the extra cost is on account of a hardcover / "book" jacket, fancier packaging in general, and maybe some additional content.  Zine, prints, insert, etc.  Hopefully we find out next month.

58 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Pretty sure the CDs are a done deal by now.  Also pretty sure the extra cost is on account of a hardcover / "book" jacket, fancier packaging in general, and maybe some additional content.  Zine, prints, insert, etc.  Hopefully we find out next month.

Maybe this has been addressed elsewhere in this thread, but I'm not going to comb through it and find out, so I'll just ask - the discogs entry for the CD says a number were defective and were skipping. I have no personal knowledge of this as I didn't get a CD, but it seems like it's at least possible that they discovered the issue before all the CDs were sent and halted sending them out with the intention of making and sending out corrected replacements. 

-Hopeful in St. Louis

Edited by dawhizz

What's with all the hate for Urban Outfitters? You should all be praising them, how else were you all going to add this to your collection?

235bc4de0e2c934754e966049bae4402.png

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/various-artists-now-1s-limited-2xlp?category=vinyl-exclusives&color=010

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift