PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

Got my indie in from RoughTrade today. Observations:

1. I do not normally wet clean new albums before listening (I know I prolly should) but I do a dry clean and have never experienced super bad results/sound quality with my methods. That said, this pressing seems super poppy. Even skipped toward the middle of Out of Mana, which is the first skip I’ve experienced since getting getting a proper turntable setup. 

2. Otherwise, the sound is OK. Seems somewhat muddy. The cymbals seem a bit slippy and don’t sound like they can breath fully. 

3. Packaging is great. 

Also, don’t come at me about my system, have a u-turn orbit custom with Sumiko Pearl cart, an old 80s beast of a reciever with preamp and Infinity speakers. Enough to satisfy me with other quality pressings . 

One more thing, has anyone picked up the black pressing? 

1 minute ago, bigdz68 said:

Just a heads up to anyone who pre-ordered with UO.... I received the other LP I bought and they shipped it in a pink bag with NO other protection. The jacket is bent up pretty bad so be prepared for damaged packages....

Well, they'll be refunding/ replacing that shit. I'll be sure to take a video if need be. Mine hasn't shipped yet.

Not sure how many shops in Australia will get the indie-exclusive in, but Resist Records in Sydney has a couple. They're $45, which sure as fuck beats paying ~$80 to get one imported. Also, in my pursuits of finding a shop that did have the indie, I learnt that most brick-and-mortar stores will have copies of the white pressing. So if you missed out on the online stock, hit your local up!

35 minutes ago, rooks said:

Just gonna tell PMT to cancel my order. No info on what I bought or idea of when it will ship is one thing. But, seemingly slippy suffocating cymbals I simply cannot abide.

you better off just ebaying it afterwards. Also pmt won't accept cancelations.

Edited by xfactor675

4 hours ago, deeninetysix said:

Not sure how many shops in Australia will get the indie-exclusive in, but Resist Records in Sydney has a couple. They're $45, which sure as fuck beats paying ~$80 to get one imported. Also, in my pursuits of finding a shop that did have the indie, I learnt that most brick-and-mortar stores will have copies of the white pressing. So if you missed out on the online stock, hit your local up!

My local has black copies. Manager said immediately when opening friday they got calls to hold their few color copies. Used a 20% off coupon and got a copy for $21. No chasing variants for me, mmhmmmm

5 hours ago, deeninetysix said:

Wasn't the white strictly limited to 500? 

Also really want/super excited to see these deluxe variants and what they actually consist of!

Got my indie from bullmoose yesterday. A few seam splits on the inner sleeves but the rest is fine. That thing I's a very nice package. Carboard stock on the outer sleeve alone weighs more than some records. Actual wax is 180g if I had to guess. Poster is cool. All good! Not going to say it's my best sounding record but no pops or noise whatsoever.

Got my indie from BM this morning. First off the packaging is great! One of the inner sleeves is a bit wrinkled and the other was has a little slit in it, but nothing major. As some have mentioned, but the greatest sounding record, but overall pleased. Some poping during "137" as well as some clicks on "Out of Mana" towards the end of the song. A little bit of crackling on "Batter up".  

Edited by AdamJNovak