PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

On 11/9/2017 at 11:38 AM, bluescreenlife said:

I want them to reserve the copy they said they’d have for me as a replacement, rather than sell it to someone else. It’s bad business. You find me a copy for the $28 I originally paid and I will.

No one's going to do any legwork for you. Guess you'll be Brand New-less this time around. #Matrix

Day 87.  The thirst for information on the special edition had reached a fever pitch in many VCers, but is starting to become eclipsed by accusations revolving in the news.  Who can blame them?  We all feel the frustration.  Others who bought the later "indie" and "standard" copies have been spinning them for weeks, laughing at us.  We who thought ourselves so elite for making a timed purchase, how far we have fallen.  I still haunt the thread from day to day, hoping for some morsel to drop from the twitters and the facebooks, anything, really.  We will die in this thread, all of us, still imagining a special edition plated in gold and with hologram etchings which revel the secrets of Area 51.  Drums, drums in the deep.

23 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

Day 87.  The thirst for information on the special edition had reached a fever pitch in many VCers, but is starting to become eclipsed by accusations revolving in the news.  Who can blame them?  We all feel the frustration.  Others who bought the later "indie" and "standard" copies have been spinning them for weeks, laughing at us.  We who thought ourselves so elite for making a timed purchase, how far we have fallen.  I still haunt the thread from day to day, hoping for some morsel to drop from the twitters and the facebooks, anything, really.  We will die in this thread, all of us, still imagining a special edition plated in gold and with hologram etchings which revel the secrets of Area 51.  Drums, drums in the deep.

This is the best thing I’ve read in a long time. Thank you for being a friend.

10 minutes ago, mootloot said:

Read the lyrics to: me vs maradona vs elvis

fuck how did we not see this coming?!

Because that's just a song that very well could've been written from the perspective of a character...? I mean hell, if we apply this logic to all their material, then Luca means he totally killed a dude too, right?

If the allegations are true then Jesse is pretty scummy but I won't stop listening to Brand New. I might try to avoid giving Jesse any of my money, but I still enjoy his music so I'll listen to the records and files I already have.

38 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Because that's just a song that very well could've been written from the perspective of a character...? I mean hell, if we apply this logic to all their material, then Luca means he totally killed a dude too, right?

If the allegations are true then Jesse is pretty scummy but I won't stop listening to Brand New. I might try to avoid giving Jesse any of my money, but I still enjoy his music so I'll listen to the records and files I already have.

I mean, if 2018 is the end then no one else has to support Brand New. You aren't giving them money by spinning their records. Play on. I still listen to Bowie, GnR, and other folks who have done some heinous shit. I just don't GIVE them any more of my dollaz. I just hope it's a. not true or b. justice is served. Probably b, if we're being honest. But Conor Oberst was an exception, so we'll see. 

7 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I mean, if 2018 is the end then no one else has to support Brand New. You aren't giving them money by spinning their records. Play on. I still listen to Bowie, GnR, and other folks who have done some heinous shit. I just don't GIVE them any more of my dollaz. I just hope it's a. not true or b. justice is served. Probably b, if we're being honest. But Conor Oberst was an exception, so we'll see. 

Couldn't agree more. I think it's kinda ridiculous some people are jumping so quickly to "I can't listen to Brand New anymore!!!".

29 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Couldn't agree more. I think it's kinda ridiculous some people are jumping so quickly to "I can't listen to Brand New anymore!!!".

Yeah. I understand why they feel that way. It's just not my mentality. I'm honestly glad so many people are brave enough to come forward about all of this stuff (in Hollywood, etc), but I really wish it wasn't reality. Humans suck a lot of the time.

If there's one band that has crazy enough fans to lie about this it's Brand New. Waiting for more info. This also happened to Michael Gira of Swans last year (new album year) and she was proven a liar so i was glad i didnt jump the gun. Of course its a very shitty situation and he needs to be put in a jail cell in 2018 if true so it wouldn't matter if they broke up anyways. 

8 hours ago, thievedrelic said:

I read this in the spirit of a text file from a Fallout videogame FYI <_<