PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Care to elaborate?

Nothing's been proven one way or the other. It's still a matter of two conflicting, unverifiable stories, and it's likely to remain so forever. I mean, what proof might conceivably emerge at this late date? A hidden camera video?

Given all that, it's shitty to call her a "liar" like it's some god-given fact.

Just now, conedust said:

Nothing's been proven one way or the other. It's still a matter of two conflicting, unverifiable stories, and it's likely to remain so forever. I mean, what proof might conceivably emerge at this late date? A hidden camera video?

Given all that, it's shitty to call her a "liar" like it's some god-given fact.

There aren't two conflicting stories, Giras wife said she had physical evidence Larkin was lying and then Larkin withdrew. What more proof do you need?

2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Larkin withdrew. What more proof do you need?

She's never publicly withdrawn the accusation. And no party other than those involved (including, perhaps, Siobhan) has seen anything definitive. The rest of us know nothing but what we've heard second-hand, and it's irresponsible to pretend we've got some special line on the truth.

There's also the fact that other individuals within Larkin's musical scene have attested to her making similar false claims in the past.  Gira has gone on record as saying that he partook in mutual physical engagement with her but actually stopped himself when he realized she wasn't all "there" in the moment and that something seemed wrong.  Obviously those are his claims, but yeah... that whole thing wrapped up pretty quick once Gira's wife mentioned the damning evidence.

3 minutes ago, conedust said:

She's never publicly withdrawn the accusation. And no party other than those involved (including, perhaps, Siobhan) has seen anything definitive. The rest of us know nothing but what we've heard second-hand, and it's irresponsible to pretend we've got some special line on the truth.

We have brains though it's easy to put two and two together.

8 minutes ago, conedust said:

I don't pretend to know the truth when I don't.

I don't treat secondhand accounts as facts.

And I don't call people liars lightly. 

If that makes me stupid, then guilty as charged.

Thanks for the confirmation.

You're calling plenty of people liars including Giras wife who sings a song about her own sexual assault on the record. Fuck that though.

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

Thanks for the confirmation.

You're calling plenty of people liars including Giras wife who sings a song about her own sexual assault on the record. Fuck that though.

Again, complete horseshit. I'm simply saying that I don't know. Because I don't. I'm not involved. I not only have no reason to take sides, I don't even think I have a real right to. I mean, only an asshole jumps in drawing conclusions and pointing fingers based on incomplete personal stories received secondhand through social and other media. Especially when those stories have no bearing on the lives of people not involved. 

Here's the thing. I break information down into two basic categories: 

1) Reality - That's what I experience myself, see with my own two eyes.

2) TV - That's all the shit I hear about secondhand, through social media, news, stories from friends & family, "word on the street", whatever.

I believe very (VERY) little of the latter and only about half of the former. 

8 minutes ago, conedust said:

Again, complete horseshit. I'm simply saying that I don't know. Because I don't. I'm not involved. I not only have no reason to take sides, I don't even think I have a real right to. I mean, only an asshole jumps in drawing conclusions and pointing fingers based on incomplete personal stories received secondhand through social and other media. Especially when those stories have no bearing on the lives of people not involved. 

Here's the thing. I break information down into two basic categories: 

1) Reality - That's what I experience myself, see with my own two eyes.

2) TV - That's all the shit I hear about secondhand, through social media, news, stories from friends & family, "word on the street", whatever.

I believe very (VERY) little of the latter and only about half of the former. 

You already let me know you were stupid I don't need more proof. 

23 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

He sure does seem to think it's subtle how he tiptoes around the issue with her being a minor. Now I just think he's a bigger scumbag, not only is he being creepy with minors but he claims to have cheated in most-if-not-all his past relationships, including the current one with his wife, whom he has children with. I don't want this to read out like I'm implying the cheating thing is worse, because it isn't but stacking it on top of the pedophile situation definitely isn't making his situation or reputation any better. Fuck him.

Still gonna listen to Brand New, though. Good music.