PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

38 minutes ago, jonnystorm777 said:

geeze, first the singer from lost prophets and now Jesse.

I know it’s all bad, and you may be making a joke, but let’s not get too carried away comparing the crimes committed by these two. One manipulated young girls into doing naked Skype things, the other wanted to pay to fuck a baby.

23 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Joking about it like this is pretty fucked are you a fan of pedophilia now? 

"Hehe he confirmed he likes teenage girls doing naked things on Skype time to get up in arms and burn all the vinyl! :rolleyes:"

God shut the fuck up with all your high horse posts on this messag board. You’re such a cunt.

9 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I'm such a white knight you can really tell from the past couple pages. Thanks for defending pedophilia humor.

No you’re usually just an all around asshole to anyone on the boards. Obviously Jhulud is one of the nicest dudes on here and he’s clearly not joking about pedophilia but apparently you think we all need to know how much of a self righteous prick you are.

Just now, justin_cole12 said:

No you’re usually just an all around asshole to anyone on the boards. Obviously Jhulud is one of the nicest dudes on here and he’s clearly not joking about pedophilia but apparently you think we all need to know how much of a self righteous prick you are.

Fuck yeah I suck everyone hates me it's not just you and a few other losers.

Well I guess I'll probably never get to see Brand New again.  :( All human beings are shitty, I don't doubt for a second everyone on here has done some regrettable shit, I have for sure, but in reality this isn't that scandalous in this day and age. Over at r/Brand New there are some interesting threads about how this kind of stuff happens between underage girls and dudes  who are in their 20's in bands. I've seen it first hand and I honestly don't think we are even beginning to scratch the surface of a much larger problem. We can't blame the underage girls but we were all teenagers before so we know what its like wantng to grow up quickly and be mature. You can't tell them what to do, they will do whatever the fuck they want. We can surely and easily blame the men for being irresponsible adults and taking advantage because that's what they are doing, and it ultimately is wrong on them, but it's too easy for a young naive teenager to put themselves in a situation that they think they want but they don't fully understand the consequences of. Like I said not even scratching the surface, but I think this is the real conversation that needs to happen

1 hour ago, Codyoster said:

Well I guess I'll probably never get to see Brand New again.  :( All human beings are shitty, I don't doubt for a second everyone on here has done some regrettable shit, I have for sure, but in reality this isn't that scandalous in this day and age. Over at r/Brand New there are some interesting threads about how this kind of stuff happens between underage girls and dudes  who are in their 20's in bands. I've seen it first hand and I honestly don't think we are even beginning to scratch the surface of a much larger problem. We can't blame the underage girls but we were all teenagers before so we know what its like wantng to grow up quickly and be mature. You can't tell them what to do, they will do whatever the fuck they want. We can surely and easily blame the men for being irresponsible adults and taking advantage because that's what they are doing, and it ultimately is wrong on them, but it's too easy for a young naive teenager to put themselves in a situation that they think they want but they don't fully understand the consequences of. Like I said not even scratching the surface, but I think this is the real conversation that needs to happen

Whoa now. That's a real slippery slope you're treading, pal.

"You" as an adult man can not encourage them to send you nude photos and not ask them to watch you jerk it, though. The only even halfway reasonable excuse that I can imagine is that this specific young lady looked old enough to pass for 18 and lied about her age, anything beyond that is completely unacceptable. I'll give anyone accused of something the benefit of the doubt, but since didn't deny it in his statement, and made an apology to numerous women, I accept that this is probably true.

39 minutes ago, dirtydebutant said:

it was not rape or pedophilia. She was not prepubescent and as far as we know she was just a "prey" to an immature and likely sexually insecure young man. 

Try and present that excuse in front of a judge in the United States judicial system and you'll be laughed out of the room straight into your jail cell as a registered sex offender. Even more so if there are other stories that we don't know about from his past which he has alluded to and there are countless other rumors floating around.

A child in the US is still considered from age 0 -17. He was a legal adult. The definition of pedophilia is pretty clear in a court room and is pretty obviously used among society as meaning anyone that preys on a child regardless of their attributes. Premeditated actions and manipulation also were at play here. Really sounds like you're trying to justify his actions and the situation as passable which I hope is not the case and you just poorly worded your post.

Bottom line is the guy is a shit bag. I wont support him with money but I will most likely continue to listen to their music in the future. I agree that the 'public judge and jury outrage machine' is dangerous but that's how society functions.

59 minutes ago, dirtydebutant said:

well, that sucked.  very disappointing to hear that its true, although it probably was anyway... to some degree at least.  These things happened a lot around 2k.  Not exact same scenario but fooling around with what they consider easy targets. Most bands from that era have skeletons in the closet but most victims just choose to brush it off because it did not tramatize them or they dont feel like talking about this or they're ashamed .To be honest though, I now see people call him a rapist and a pedophile all over the internet and it almost makes me sympathize more with him and his family.  This is seriously fucked up for the kid, wife and entire family. I will probably be flamed for this because of internet shit brain kids looking for a cause but..  without reducing the seriousness of his actions or denying the ravaging after effects of Jesse's action his victims mightve had to deal with,  it was not rape or pedophilia. She was not prepubescent and as far as we know she was just a "prey" to an immature and likely sexually insecure young man. 

She was 15 mate.  The hell is wrong with you?

Edited by ejc625

1 hour ago, ejc625 said:

She was 15 mate.  The hell is wrong with you?

no once i attempted to say it was okay. its an opinion, i tried as much as possible to specify how serious were his actions and the consequences for the victim(S because of course there are more) but is it so twisted of me to see a difference between an actual child predator and an immature little fuck who lacks judgement? 

6 hours ago, dirtydebutant said:

a difference between an actual child predator and an immature little fuck who lacks judgement? 

15 is still a child. And immature doesn't cut it when he was old enough to know better. Fuck outta here with your nonsense 

6 hours ago, dirtydebutant said:

no once i attempted to say it was okay. its an opinion, i tried as much as possible to specify how serious were his actions and the consequences for the victim(S because of course there are more) but is it so twisted of me to see a difference between an actual child predator and an immature little fuck who lacks judgement? 

I don’t know why this has to be explained to you. In fact now you’re contradicting yourself because you called her prey in your last post. I wonder what the definition of predator is? 

The fact that you’ve changed your profile picture to black face Kramer really makes the case for your arguments.

Well, now we have an inkling of an idea of the scope of things. I really hope everyone gets the help they need and that justice is served to those in question. It's unfortunate that such a terrible thing(s) happened to these people. I hope they find some recovery and repreive from their suffering. It is my hope that JL continues to seek help and faces consequences accordingly. I will no longer give money to him or his causes. It sucks to know that, but even I (giant BN fan) can't continue to feed a monster regardless of how it's changed. 

The last time I saw Brand New, they performed TDAG. Looking at the album cover and some of the content is startling now.

9 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Whoa now. That's a real slippery slope you're treading, pal.

"You" as an adult man can not encourage them to send you nude photos and not ask them to watch you jerk it, though. The only even halfway reasonable excuse that I can imagine is that this specific young lady looked old enough to pass for 18 and lied about her age, anything beyond that is completely unacceptable. I'll give anyone accused of something the benefit of the doubt, but since didn't deny it in his statement, and made an apology to numerous women, I accept that this is probably true.

I wasn't talking about Jesse's exact situation, I was mostly referring to the threads in r/Brand New where girls had posted saying that when they were underage they would knowingly lie to older guys in bands about being 18 and send them nudes and such, knowingly and on their own accord. Now because they were underage it's hard to say they actually knew what they were doing, but there is another side to the coin. And yes I know I'm treading a slippery slope and I'm not supporting the  abuse of minors but young girls can easily tempt and ruin a man's life without a second thought. We don't know if the girl lied to Jesse about her age, probably not, so it might not apply to this situation, but I'm just saying Jesse is not the only guy in a band to ever do this with an underage girl 8n the internet age

Edited by Codyoster

This shouldn’t be a shocker to anyone. Me Vs Maradona Vs Elvis is about date rape, for fucks sake. The lyrics and delivery are creepy as hell, and it really hasn’t been mentioned in quite some time.

I know art doesn’t always imitate life, but I’ve always been irked by that song.

“My tongue will taste of gin and malicious intent”

“You can sin or spend the night all alone”

”I almost feel sorry for what I’m going to do”

Edited by throughbeingcruel