PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

19 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Oh. Lol. No need for further explanation. I assume they decided to be pro-equal rights for all humans or something along those lines. Neat.

They pulled sponsorship from some talkshow host for defending Roy Moore with his creepy pedophilia shit.

It’s sticky when someone you’re close to confides in you and likely asks you not to tell anyone because they’re scared and/or they are still under the manipulated spell and the damage hasn’t fully set in yet. We don’t know these people didn’t try to take action behind closed doors to support the victims.

I think we can all get on board with the conversation happening now than not at all.

2 hours ago, Codyoster said:

How in the fuck is this just now a big deal if these victims told so many people? How did it go on so long?? It seems like a lot of people knew and they continued to let it happen. My head hurts.

deleted "my" comment, because I didn't write it. left my acct open on a work comp. and my co-worker likes to stir shit up.

my opinion is:  Jesse is a pig. 

Edited by famousdrumer

8 minutes ago, famousdrumer said:

because now it is ok to say that something you did in the past and could have not done, is someone else fault. Jesse is clearly a piece of shit, but these girls could have not done this too.  IM not blaming them, but to blame someone for something you could have avoided.... just like the girl in the article said, “I know I should’ve turned it off, but there’s something in me that couldn’t,”. 

Mmm.... See, now, unlike Derek's posts - this one actually deserves some reprimand.

They were 16. He was 24, famous, and King of the Scene. Have some common sense and try to imagine how easily someone in his position could manipulate these girls into thinking this was a good thing they had going until they grew up and realized he used them as masturbation material when they were too young to know better. 

11 minutes ago, famousdrumer said:

because now it is ok to say that something you did in the past and could have not done, is someone else fault.

Fucking disgusting. It IS Jesse's fault that he sexually preyed on kids. It is NOT the fault of his child victims that they were slimed by this creep. 

13 minutes ago, famousdrumer said:

IM not blaming them

Yes, you are. Saying otherwise changes nothing.

1 hour ago, Codyoster said:

How in the fuck is this just now a big deal if these victims told so many people? How did it go on so long?? It seems like a lot of people knew and they continued to let it happen. My head hurts.

The band (and the internet) is way more significant now then they were then. The Harvey Weinstein and Hollywood purge have amplified these stories now. Does seem like a lot of people knew though. Hurts my head too.

1 hour ago, famousdrumer said:

but to blame someone for something you could have avoided.... just like the girl in the article said, “I know I should’ve turned it off, but there’s something in me that couldn’t,”. 

Taking a simple 101 course in psychology or doing some research on psychology and the human behavior will show how wrong your point is. It's not that simple.

Just now, Multiverse said:

So uh, try and cancel and get a refund on that AUS Exclusive or see if I can flip it to someone who doesn't care about the news? 

I successfully canceled mine today, pretty quick reply and refund to my paypal from ArtistFirst. I’m not in the market to turn all my old records into bowls or anything cool like that but I certainly don’t feel like I need multiple variants of this album anymore.

24 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I successfully canceled mine today, pretty quick reply and refund to my paypal from ArtistFirst. I’m not in the market to turn all my old records into bowls or anything cool like that but I certainly don’t feel like I need multiple variants of this album anymore.

Kind of makes you wonder how the people who paid $300-$400 for the "early" Sci-Fi CDs feel right about now.

59 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

* Thank you, I just messaged them

25 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

He didn't. He knew.

Oh well. Then he's a pedo, and science fiction is their last album FOR REAL(what a coincidence).

I'm also 100% positive(just to justify his actions a little)  that in the beginning of 00s every band from the scene had such story. Because you know...emo, fangirls.

Edited by ASSARTOSE

13 minutes ago, ASSARTOSE said:

Oh well. Then he's a pedo, and science fiction is their last album FOR REAL(what a coincidence).

I'm also 100% positive(just to justify his actions a little)  that in the beginning of 00s every band from the scene had such story. Because you know...emo, fangirls.

It's 100% not the fault of the "emo, fangirls". It's that kind of mentality that keeps the really bad shit like this below the surface, because the accuser is almost always going to be shamed by someone. 

16 minutes ago, ASSARTOSE said:

I know of a few band dudes from the early-mid 00s scene that haven't been called out because it's not my place to tell someone else's story. It has nothing to do with "emo fangirls" and everything to do with scumbag predators preying on young girls because they're "cool" older dudes in a band.

Get right the fuck out of here with that victim blaming bullshit.