PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

Every canceled pre-order and all discarded store stock – in an effort to prevent Jesse from upgrading his webcam – is actually a tiny obstacle along his path to maintain help and keep his demons at bay.  You think therapy is cheap?  If you're canceling your order you're basically a pedophile.  Just so you know.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Every canceled pre-order and all discarded store stock – in an effort to prevent Jesse from upgrading his webcam – is actually a tiny obstacle along his path to maintain help and keep his demons at bay.  You think therapy is cheap?  If you're canceling your order you're basically a pedophile.  Just so you know.

damn
that's some sound ass logic

I have to go reevaluate my life decisions 

1 minute ago, Multiverse said:

damn
that's some same ass logic / with teeth

I have to go reevaluate my life decisions 

In all seriousness it is kind of shitty that the rest of the band’s writing and performances – especially considering how long it took – has to suffer in both reputation and potential sales on account of 1 person’s life choices from a decade ago.  Not much of anything they can do, but still a bummer on their end.

Just now, Derek™ said:

In all seriousness it is kind of shitty that the rest of the band’s writing and performances – especially considering how long it took – has to suffer in both reputation and potential sales on account of 1 person’s life choices from a decade ago.  Not much of anything they can do, but still a bummer on their end.

100% I apologized to both ArtistFirst and the dudes working Procrastinate while cancelling, shit sucks for everyone involved 

2 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Speaking of which, what does this mean for PMT?

I mean it's Jesse's label, right? So given his current attitude towards things and just calling it quits, I'd assume it closes too. Does make me wonder what would happen to the stuff that was released through it though.

Does this also mean BN stuff won't be getting RPd again any time soon? 

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

He can have my three pennies that he would profit from my sale. 

I can’t pretend like this hasn’t been 90% of what has entered my ear holes in the past three months. 

9 minutes ago, deafening said:

He can have my three pennies that he would profit from my sale. 

I can’t pretend like this hasn’t been 90% of what has entered my ear holes in the past three months. 

I'm torn on it. I want to listen to the album but uh, Jesse's voice is kind of skin-crawl-y right now. I like the album but I don't think I can listen to it right now. 

The last time I saw Jesse live, he was a guest at Kevin's Devinyl show in Philly and when talking about Mene, he bragged that he was good at writing the lines that got the kids excited/"made the kids scream." It's all kind of really gross in context and so despite having loved Science Fiction, I just don't think I want to listen to it right now. 

I sure as hell don't need some deluxe or whatever the hell. I have a standard black copy that I'll hold onto for the time being and see how all of this awful shit sits for the time being. 

4 hours ago, drewberinger said:

Landlocked Music in Bloomington IN just tossed their Science Fiction stock into the trash 

this is sooo pathetic and american white male privileged thing to do. 

They could have charitied them off for a good cause or just return them to the distributor, but no they decided to 'let's trash it because we are better bigger than everyone else"  This mentality drove me away from absolutepunk ages ago, and Drew you  and your buddies changed nothing ever since.

Edited by xfactor675

3 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

They could have charitied them off for a good cause or just return them to the distributor, but no they decided to 'let's trash it because we are better bigger than everyone else"  This mentality drove me away from absolutepunk ages ago, and Drew you  and your buddies changed nothing ever since.

this is the store i usually go to , and a lot of the times they do have that mentality unfortunately.  I remember when this came out I told the owner I wish I'd just got mine there instead of ordering it through PMT. He kind of just did his scoff and eye roll that he usually gives anyone that tries to speak to him. I should go in tomorrow and be like " hey my order never showed,  y'all got any copies left?". 

6 hours ago, Multiverse said:

I'm torn on it. I want to listen to the album but uh, Jesse's voice is kind of skin-crawl-y right now. I like the album but I don't think I can listen to it right now. 

I sure as hell don't need some deluxe or whatever the hell. I have a standard black copy that I'll hold onto for the time being and see how all of this awful shit sits for the time being. 

I think this is pretty much exactly where I stand on it. I don't want to label Jesse as a totally broken piece of trash who can never redeem himself because everyone should have that opportunity if they take the right steps. But this situation is just so slimy and gross and the 'apology' really didn't make anything better, so it's so hard to know what it would take to reach that point...I have no desire to listen to them right now, because whenever I think about it all I can think about is the people who have ended up victimised. Maybe down the line things will resolve and I'll personally feel like I can listen to it all again, but at the moment as more comes out I'm feeling more skeptical I'll reach that point. Think I'm gonna cancel my deluxe preorder and maybe down the line if things turn around pick a standard copy up.  Can't help but feel kinda self-absorbed pondering all this when people are hurting though...

Edited by Mattallurgist

3 hours ago, ASSARTOSE said:

Soooooo..........

Now I have to buy deja and god to make my collection full. damn

Do you guys know the site in US where you can buy both albums and they are in stock?

Amazon has been showing them both to me as "New Releases" so I think they probably just stocked.

8 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I have to agree with this in a huge way.  After what happened to that shitbag Watkins, the rest of lostprophets were left in the dust for a while. They started making music again, and got Geoff Rickly to jump on, and No Devotion was born. And it was one hell of an album too. 

32 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I have to agree with this in a huge way.  After what happened to that shitbag Watkins, the rest of lostprophets were left in the dust for a while. They started making music again, and got Geoff Rickly to jump on, and No Devotion was born. And it was one hell of an album too. 

I hope that something like this could happen, Daisy is so good and that's mostly Vin's writing right? 

8 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Chill on this this. What does this have to do with race?  Those records are property the store owns and they are free to do  whatever they want with them.

I'm really curious as to how they could've "donated" them. Are you implying they should sell products that they find problematic for profit and donate the money to a charity? They could do that now without making a transaction they're opposing in the first place. They same applies to giving them away. They clearly don't want to be a conduit to Jesse Lacey and listeners and that's their right to do. Freedom of association.